Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 53 my

53 my

Reluctantly parting with my 53 after 26 years.Has 871 N power with isuzu driven 15 kw generator.Located in Chester Ct, covered on dry land storage.E mail is jhnw@comcast.net, phone 860 767 0600

Been kept in fresh water on the Ct River for past 22 years on a mooring

Looking for new owner to care for her and enjoy boating as much as I have.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Woody Wheeler; 02-23-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Re: 53 my

I also have a 53my in Chester. Small world. Yours must be the one seen in Hamburg cove a few times I will forward your info to a friend who is thinking of buying a 53 Pete

I just realized I have a photo of your boat from last summer. Did you install the fiberglass window frames. I see your frames are white

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Wheeler View Post
    Reluctantly parting with my 53 after 26 years.Has 871 N power with isuzu driven 15 kw generator.Located in Chester Ct, covered on dry land storage.E mail is jhnw@comcast.net, phone 860 767 0600

Been kept in fresh water on the Ct River for past 22 years on a mooring

Looking for new owner to care for her and enjoy boating as much as I have.
    How much are you asking for her and how about posting some pictures and details.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

I reviewed your profile and did not see any photos there. Could you attach some photos so we can all have a glimpse.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    I also have a 53my in Chester. Small world. Yours must be the one seen in Hamburg cove a few times I will forward your info to a friend who is thinking of buying a 53 Pete
    Thanks for the help. My window frames are the old aluminum which were painted when I bought SIT

Yes SIT is the 53 my which was been moored in Hamburg since 1994.great,safe place !

How much are you asking for the boat and how about posting some pictures and details.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Only pictures I have are with family and friends and there is about a foot of snow that is hindering any boat visits at the moment to take more appropriate photos

I bought Somewhere in Time in 1991.l was told to go look her over and make an offer which I did.I then owned a 53 without any hassle whatever. There was no survey either.She came into the boat yard on her own power and I figured she would therefore be able to leave on her own power, which she did.I would like to sell her the same way but may be eventually forced to set a price.

I know this odd but being me an offer

Hope you don't mind but I have a pic of your boat
    Attached Images

Loved the movie somewhere in time. Not sure how you will sell her with out s survey. You can't get insurance without one. Best of luck however.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California