Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 1988 Hatteras 68 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    I recently sold a modest 2000 sq foot 3 hr 2 ba house in north county San Diego for $700,000. My liveaboard slip fees are $1800 a month.
    Numbers like that are exactly why I'm looking for a bigger live aboard rather than a house.(we are looking in the North County) My 43 is fine as a second home a couple of months a year. But we need more space if it's gonna be full time. We would like to stay at Sun Harbor, but at lest for now there is nothing open for a boat the size of yours, much less a 70 foot boat
    Last edited by ronparise; 02-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.

If you buy Raya try to see if the will let you keep the slip or check at the marina next to you I think it is Point Loma, when we were looking for a slip they had some big ones. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Point Loma Marina next to Sun Harbor has big slips open. They emailed me the other day to see if I wanted to move next door. If you get Raya we would be neighbors
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    Point Loma Marina next to Sun Harbor has big slips open. They emailed me the other day to see if I wanted to move next door. If you get Raya we would be neighbors
    Those are both good marinas and a great location to be in, when we were in SD we had our boat at Sun Harbor and loved it there.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    thats a fact,

which is what the move to California is all about.. The kids want us closer to them. and since we will no doubt need them close in a few years we are moving. Id like a bigger boat and a house but I cant do both, so its either a bigger boat and a little condo, or keep the boat I have and buy a house

My wife is online now, looking at houses, and condos so there's no telling how this is going to work out
    You know I miss understood the post I responded to above. The old comment was intended for Avenger, a joke of course ( I'm likely older than him).

Good luck with the search.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I was just onboard Raya on Friday. The boat is in really good condition except for the window frames up forward, lots of bubleing paint. Electronics are old and original and the interior lighting needs a lot of updating. Engine hour meters say about 250 hours and the owner says they have all the paperwork on the rebuilds. I think they were done by Craig Stenke and if so the would have been done right. Paint looks good ,interior in great condition, they took out the forward head and put in an office with a desk open to the forward cabin, very well done and a great idea. Hope this helps, John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I was just onboard Raya on Friday. The boat is in really good condition except for the window frames up forward, lots of bubleing paint. Electronics are old and original and the interior lighting needs a lot of updating. Engine hour meters say about 250 hours and the owner says they have all the paperwork on the rebuilds. I think they were done by Craig Stenke and if so the would have been done right. Paint looks good ,interior in great condition, they took out the forward head and put in an office with a desk open to the forward cabin, very well done and a great idea. Hope this helps, John
    You are right if Craig did them they were done correctly.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Hey y'all....
    I wonder if anyone knows what happened to this boat.
    No longer on YW...
    Sold?
    And, if not, what was the "serious" electrical issue?
    Power plant? 6s, 8s, 12s? 71 Naturals, 92 TAs? Anyone know?

Talking Re: 1988 Hatteras 68 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Off the market
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Any other info about the boat available?