Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 1988 Hatteras 68 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    Damn this was fun when it was all talk... now its getting serious.. I could do half.. My guy at Cabrillo is Jason... Ill call him tomorrow, right after I call the bank

for those that dont know it,, this is Raya

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989...s#.WJuak28rLIU
    Good luck, go low you can always go up.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

I was interested in that 68 footer. However after a thorough investigation there seems to be a very bad electrical problem with this boat. It is not left the slip in years. Just too much for me to take on. Needs a complete remodel inside. Very dated inside but it was the electrical issue that stopped me dead in the tracks. I'm not sure if you've ever tried to run new electrical in about that size but it's overwhelming. Not to mention the price is about 100,000 over where it should be and that is directly from the broker. Keep looking.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    Good luck, go low you can always go up.
    From the photos only this looks like a much nicer motoryacht.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I was interested in that 68 footer. However after a thorough investigation there seems to be a very bad electrical problem with this boat. It is not left the slip in years. Just too much for me to take on. Needs a complete remodel inside. Very dated inside but it was the electrical issue that stopped me dead in the tracks. I'm not sure if you've ever tried to run new electrical in about that size but it's overwhelming. Not to mention the price is about 100,000 over where it should be and that is directly from the broker. Keep looking.
    Thanks for that information. Perhaps I should be, but I'm not worried about a remodel as long as remodel doesn't mean rebuild. The electrics however scare me. the 70' in sandiego is sounding better and better especially if Byron is right about the offer he suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    Thanks for that information. Perhaps I should be, but I'm not worried about a remodel as long as remodel doesn't mean rebuild. The electrics however scare me. the 70' in sandiego is sounding better and better especially if Byron is right about the offer he suggests.
    If I was still in SD I'd put that offer in myself.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

The boat is identical to mine, except cockpit. I've got the 63, and ironically Hatteras called both models the 63. It is a great boat, cruise about 14kts, top about 19kts. Very livable and travels well as well. Be sure it's stablized. You'll love the Engine Room space.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Certain number of posts.
    I guess you old??
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    I guess you old??
    thats a fact,

which is what the move to California is all about.. The kids want us closer to them. and since we will no doubt need them close in a few years we are moving. Id like a bigger boat and a house but I cant do both, so its either a bigger boat and a little condo, or keep the boat I have and buy a house

My wife is online now, looking at houses, and condos so there's no telling how this is going to work out
    Last edited by ronparise; 02-09-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Don't get scared when you see the house prices in the San Diego area, you can buy a lot of boat for a lot less than a house or condo, however slip prices are also really high here. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I recently sold a modest 2000 sq foot 3 hr 2 ba house in north county San Diego for $700,000. My liveaboard slip fees are $1800 a month.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee