Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

1988 Hatteras 68 Cockpit Motor Yacht

I wonder is anyone familiar with this 68' cockpit motor yacht for sale
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1988...s#.WJswFG8rLIU

The listing broker says that there were only 7 of these built and it was replaced with the 70' model. (and there are two 70' boats for sale in San Diego for a whole lot more money.)

At this point Im casually shopping for a bigger live a board. My wife is pretty adamant that the 43' double cabin we have is not big enough. I was looking in the 50'-60' range, but this 68 caught my eye. I understand that the cheaper price may not be the better value.. but the 70' boats would bust my budget.

so does anyone know this boat? Thoughts?

and another question, How does a dummy like me get the tag "Senior Member"?

Re: 1988 Hatteras 68 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    and another question, How does a dummy like me get the tag "Senior Member"?
    Certain number of posts.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Hopefully Seven will chime in. We were also a little interested in that boat and Rusty looked at it and indicated that it had some electrical problems. Don't know what the are but if he does not send a reply I would PM him. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Forgot to mention the 70 cockpit boat here in San Diego has been for sale for a long time. A club member here works for the listing brokerage and did the pictures of the boat and says it is in great shape. Depending on how desperate they may be a low offer might get some response boat is called Raya. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

If you are in San Diego and want to see what the interior of a 1987 63' looks like you are welcome to board mine. I can't imagine it is that different from a 1988 68' with the exception mine only has 3 cabins and 3 heads.

Ron
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Forgot to mention the 70 cockpit boat here in San Diego has been for sale for a long time. A club member here works for the listing brokerage and did the pictures of the boat and says it is in great shape. Depending on how desperate they may be a low offer might get some response boat is called Raya. John
    I heard the same thing about Raya, from a broker at Cabrillo yacht sales. "Make an offer" he said
    Last edited by ronparise; 02-08-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    If you are in San Diego and want to see what the interior of a 1987 63' looks like you are welcome to board mine. I can't imagine it is that different from a 1988 68' with the exception mine only has 3 cabins and 3 heads.

Ron
    Sorry I missed you at Christmas.. The plan is to be back this summer... Ill take you up on that offer then

Ron's boat is very nice, you should see it, however it is a totally different layout from the 68. 68 is galley up and 4 staterooms, Ron's is galley down and 3 staterooms. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    I heard the same thing about Raya, from a broker at Cabrillo yacht sales. "Make an offer" he said
    I looked at that boat 3 years ago when I was living in SD just to be nosy, talk to Jeff at Cabrillo and offer half the price you'll probably buy the boat.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    I looked at that boat 3 years ago when I was living in SD just to be nosy, talk to Jeff at Cabrillo and offer half the price you'll probably buy the boat.
    Damn this was fun when it was all talk... now its getting serious.. I could do half.. My guy at Cabrillo is Jason... Ill call him tomorrow, right after I call the bank

for those that dont know it,, this is Raya

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989...s#.WJuak28rLIU