Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Seeking 50 to 58 MY. Moving up from smaller boat.

Good advice Sky. I fully agree for the same reasons. If you were buying an airplane however I suspect that hour meters would need to be operational and up to date because of the required maintenance schedules. A good idea on a boat but not required by any law that I know of.. A good engine survey is still the best way to be sure.

Walt

I am sure your observations are appreciated by a variety of prospective buyers Kismet. Good Job. The Jupiter 58 if I remember correctly has a little over 4000 hours. About due for paint. High Time Generators. But a solid 58 that to my knowledge has never been run hard by her previous 2 owners over 23 years. Most recent owner updated the galley. Added marble floors in the heads. Converted to a custom Queen VIP stateroom. And added the Lectra-Scan waste system. Not great but not bad either. Nice enough that you could move on board tomorrow. (Just my opinion).
    Hey Byron...if your "Admiral" has decided on a galley up, you just leaped into the 60s!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    I am sure your observations are appreciated by a variety of prospective buyers Kismet. Good Job. The Jupiter 58 if I remember correctly has a little over 4000 hours. About due for paint. High Time Generators. But a solid 58 that to my knowledge has never been run hard by her previous 2 owners over 23 years. Most recent owner updated the galley. Added marble floors in the heads. Converted to a custom Queen VIP stateroom. And added the Lectra-Scan waste system. Not great but not bad either. Nice enough that you could move on board tomorrow. (Just my opinion).
    Hey Byron...if your "Admiral" has decided on a galley up, you just leaped into the 60s!
    I am currently trying to talk her into the boat, she doesn't mind the 58 but going over 60 is taking some talking. A big mental block for her size wise, hopefully I will be successful.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Is there anyway to board other than via that plank at the stern as shown on Yachtworld?
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

There isn't very little difference in size between 58 and 61. Maintenance costs and systems are pretty much the same except for the 12 cyl engines

What makes a huge difference is the wider beam of the 61 though, gives a lot more space inside

Boarding is normally thru the stairs by the pilot house doors. If you routinely dock stern to without finger pier the the red neck passerelle can easily b replaced by a lightweight one
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Don't bight off more than you can chew. Your wife might be right. She is the one that's going to help navigate and be the first mate? Or are you going to have a captain help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hatt View Post
    Don't bight off more than you can chew. Your wife might be right. She is the one that's going to help navigate and be the first mate? Or are you going to have a captain help out?
    We are discussing more about a cockpit than 60 feet right now, with the kids diving we just feel it would be better to buy a cockpit motoryacht than one without at this point for our family. We both love the 58YF but she wants the galley up so that rules that out and she agrees we need to move up. The kids are in the Philippines on a dive trip and we have the grandkids until March so after they return we shall start traveling around to look at cockpit boats with galley up.
    Regards;
    Byron
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

The 67 hatteras cpmy that's for sale in nc. My father owned it12 years ago. That was one of the best boats he owned. Nice size cockpit with a compressor under the floor of the cockpit to Phil our dive tanks. The only problem is that it still had the galley down. He would have a captain go along that also liked to cook when we made trips to the Bahamas. The captain was about 5 ft 2 so he would bunk under the fly bridge. Later my dad traded the 67 for a 75 2002 motor yacht galley up. The 75 was a great boat but not as nice for diving. Good luck in your search.

Hey Byresh and Kismet...while you are in the area, make sure you at least check out the 57' Viking in Pompano Beach while you are down here. I think it's a 1992 model. There are a total of 3 57 Vikings for sale all in the same general price range. The other 2 are in Minnesota and Ontario Canada. I think they offer the best galley up layout under 60 feet. Every boat has compromises.

OH...and one more boat I took note of... A Hatteras 54 Motor Yacht. Death in the family. Reduced to $199,000 ASK in Key Largo. Incredible price. If it's any nice at all...that's a lot of style for under $200,000!
    Also did anyone notice the 61 1988 model Hatteras in Quincy MA? That's a Hatteras 54 with a cockpit added...highly unusual...