My wife and I decided to look for a Hatteras after spending time on my brother in laws 53 MY.

We thought we wanted a 61 MY and looked at many you mentioned, we made offers on 4 boats, But either cost or survey they did not work out. My wife had one requirement, and that was a galley up. The 61 obviously had this. We found a 58 MY in Tennessee that was in nice shape.
It had the galley up and 4 state rooms, with 4 heads. Same boat as Santuary. We love it, and had great times moving her from Tennesee, to her home in Annapolis.

The one thing I will say, these are older boats, and even if they have had work done by the previous owners, they will need attention. I know we bought a great boat that has had alot of upgrades over the years, but there are alot of systems to get to know. leaving the main engines for a moment, you have 5-7 zones of AC, 1 -2 generators, battery chargers, inverters, freshwater systems, Stabalizers, water makers, 240 VAC systems, 32 VDc systems 12 VDC , the list goes on.... Unless you had deep pockets, you need to learn to do as much as possible yourself.

I love it.. and have really learned alot over the past year. This forum has been a tremendous
source of information, so I thank you all for that.

Good luck, it will be a fun experience. I cannot say enough about the quality and ruggedness of the Hatteras boat... Welcome aboard!!

Ken