Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 48YF Project Boat

Does anyone know what happened to Starman (Paul)? He used to post quite a bit about 10 years ago.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Starman (Paul)? He used to post quite a bit about 10 years ago.

Walt
    As best I recall, he moved up to Virginia after their lease on the marina ran out. That's pretty much when the boat went idle, and Paul stopped posting. Met him and his family while I was there. Great folks.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Here you go, Walt...

Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    It has been awhile since I have been on the forums here and out of the boat carpentry business
    since moving to va at Kerr lake.....however:

First thing is to remove the plugs/bungs, then remove 1 screw at a time. use a counter sink to clean out the hole ( probably 3/8 size) . Now replace the screw with a new one. Stainless steel, size 10, with the tip dipped in 5200.

After all screws are replaced, replace the bungs with a dab of clear west epoxy. when they dry, chisel them smooth.

Now that your combing boards are once again solid, I recommend using boat life black deck caulk. The brown will not have enough contrast and the color of varnish will fight each other. Black gives a distinct look.

This caulk takes seven days to cure. Tape the edges of the seams, be generous when you fill the gaps. you can actually sand the extra smooth, and varnish over it, or up to the caulk.

regardless of type of caulk, wipe seam with acetone, even old teak has oils.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thanks Randy, It's a pity that the boating community lost his talent and we lost the benefit of his posts.

Walt

Where is the boat located?

South of Morehead City. Sorry for the delay in responding as I just now saw your post. If you're interested, PM your contact info and I'll forward it to the owner.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Is this boat actually listed anywhere? I'd like to see some pictures since Moorehead is about a 4 hr drive for me. Thanks.

No, it's not listed anywhere. If you're seriously interested, shoot me a PM with your phone number, and I'll have the owner contact you.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This may sound like an odd question, but have any of you who contacted me about this boat actually looked at it?

Just curious.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I contacted the owner. We spoke on the phone and he was supposed to send pictures via email. I never received them. Not sure what happened but I never followed up.