Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 48YF Project Boat

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Yes but is she ready to take that much power. 2x the power is a big change in shafts, wheels and even stringers.
    There were structural changes made to handle the bigger engines, but I don't remember if other changes were made. He maintained a blog on here documenting the progress, but I don't know if it's still accessible. Boss Lady is his username on here, so if anybody is interested in looking back on old threads, that's the way to do it.

I do remember he was talking about making changes to provide more lift for speed gains, and I'm sure info on that is there too. Short of the mentioned spray rails, I don't think there were any other hull mods. Chris didn't half ass anything on the boat, he just didn't finish his dream. Ship happens. Been there, done that.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Sounds like somebody will get a hell of a deal. Randy, the fact that it's so far away should not deter you. You are very experienced at long deliveries (even with only one engine working). This may be the perfect boat for you. At the price you mentioned, you can probably make money just parting it out if it doesn't work out for you. With the 8-92's it should be a pretty fast boat.

Walt
    I just have too many irons in the fire and too many boats, period. No doubt the boat has a parts inventory that far exceeds what he will take for the boat, but I don't have the skill or equipment to part it out. It's not currently in running condition, so I'd have to put money into it just to ready it for a long ride home. Then comes the expense of the trip. It's a great deal for someone.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This could peak my interest. What will it take to get ready for a trip up the coast?

Money.

Shoot me a PM with your phone number, and I'll forward it to the owner. He'll be able to give you a better idea of where she stands.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'll stop in and look at it on my way passing through. Where is it, on the hard?

I'm not a big fan of that YF style.

Freebird should truck it to his house and use it as a yard condo. If it had cummins in it..........
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

The 48 yf is a 44 with a cockpit. The 44 my was a larger the expected comparison to the 43.

Overall an interesting boat in the yf. Just not my cup of tea as I'm a convertible guy.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I'll stop in and look at it on my way passing through. Where is it, on the hard?

I'm not a big fan of that YF style.

Freebird should truck it to his house and use it as a yard condo. If it had cummins in it..........
    I was never a fan either, until I moved one for a member here a few years ago. Now it's my favorite in terms of boats I can actually afford without having to live on it. Not much difference in layout from my 41, but I do love having a cockpit.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'm glad (I think) you posted those links as it's been a long time since I've seen the boat. As best I remember, I was down there with Paul and Chris in June of 2007. Chris told me he had $15K in those windows. No doubt he spent a ton of money on that boat and was doing it right.

I'm working on getting some current pics, but the hull was painted dark blue later that summer. It's a shame he didn't get the chance to finish her as she would have no doubt been the best example of a 48YF on the planet. She still can be. Kind of wish I hadn't looked at those old posts again.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93