Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: 48YF Project Boat

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    I contacted the owner. We spoke on the phone and he was supposed to send pictures via email. I never received them. Not sure what happened but I never followed up.
    What probably happened is he's three states away from where the boat is, even on a "regular" day.

This wasn't a "gotcha" post or anything as I truly was just curious and looking for feedback from anybody who actually looked at the boat. I'm still friends with both the owner and his ex, and she asked me if there had been any interest on here, given they still both own the boat. As advertised, it's a project boat, and it WILL be sold at some price to somebody. We're talking $20K or less here, folks, as they just want it gone so they can move on. It's never been damaged but it was just never finished. The parts listed in this ad easily exceed the amount for which this boat can be purchased. She lives reasonably close to the boat, and I'm sure she could make arrangements to show it to a serious cash buyer who is capable of pulling the trigger.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Yeah I talked with him he seemed serious. I on the other hand was not so determined as I did not contact him again to find out why I never got the pictures. I was not trying to imply he dropped the ball. It could have been as simple as not getting the email right and not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    This may sound like an odd question, but have any of you who contacted me about this boat actually looked at it?Just curious.
    I'm also 3 states away. Between work and a family, I can't just hop into my truck and go. Then there's getting it back home.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg86 View Post
    I'm also 3 states away. Between work and a family, I can't just hop into my truck and go. Then there's getting it back home.
    Not sure what your point is, but okay.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Okay, folks, I guess I need to "paint" a little different picture of this boat given I've just been able to come up with some recent pics. In short, it's a mess. It was my understanding the hull had been totally painted several years ago, but it wasn't. The port side is a very pretty shade of blue, the starboard isn't. I'm not sure at this point, but it looks like the original white paint that was prepped, but not painted. Something about the paint being stopped due to the incorrect color.

That being said, it still needs to go, so bring ANY offers. I'm working on getting more pics and will share them when they are available.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Not sure what your point is, but okay.
    Really? You asked a question and I answered it. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg86 View Post
    Really? You asked a question and I answered it. That's my point.
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but I do believe you missed the context of the question which was an attempt to get feedback from those who had seen it. Much like when people see a boat for sale and ask if anybody has seen it, a "no" answer really isn't what they're looking for, regardless of the circumstances which lead to them not having seen it.

I actually apologized to the member who received the same photos (from Ms. Boss Lady) I did as they were, in a word, scary. With that, I'm actually glad nobody went out of their way to look at the boat based on the original description I posted. I had to clarify with her when the photos were taken as I thought they may have been taken over a period of time during the refurb stage, but it turns out they were taken last month by the guy who runs the marina where the boat is stored. A photographer he wasn't, but the boat was a total mess. I suggested she have someone at least clean up the trash and have some photos taken of what's right with the boat as well as all that's wrong with it.

The paint is going to be a dealbreaker for a lot of folks, but again, the boat has good bones and lots of new equipment. No doubt it is the epitome of a project boat (short of a sinker), but she is looking for ALL offers. Salvage may be her best bet, but even I don't know the best way to approach that. Suggestions on that matter would be greatly appreciated. It's just costing them money for it to sit in that yard, and they need it gone.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Haven't heard anything from them in a while, but I sure wish they had straightened up the boat and taken pics of the positive things that would make people want to look at it vs running from it. IMO, that ad is counterproductive.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93