Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: 2017 North East Rendezvous

I'm in! Let me know who to call. Thanks
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I'm in too, but I will be driving because there's a long island in my way, so no docking needed.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

What Went Wrong?

So it looks like Northeast '17 has fizzled. Of the few original attendees most have had scheduling conflicts or other issues and we're down to two boats.

We've had a significant number of successful rendezvous in the past and I for one, have always enjoyed them. However, if we are going to repeat past success we need the facts as to why these things aren't attracting more people, so I've volunteered to do the "Why doesn't anybody like me?" post. Apparently I have the most experience with that.

We need honest answers, so if you've attended in the past, considered attending but haven't or wouldn't even consider it please explain why. If you don't like the venue, the travel, the people, the timing or schedule, please share. Even if you think we smell bad, whatever. If you don't want to express it on an open forum send me a PM or email (and maybe if you think someone smells bad a public forum isn't the best place).

These have always been great events and I don't want to give that up, so please tell us what we're doing wrong. We can take it.

1970 36C375

It's too far for me. I made it once but what a long trip it would be by boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Well, yeah, I can see that. We could move it to Georgia for convenience, but then we couldn't call it the Northeast Rendezvous.

One of the points we were looking at is location. We keep moving it around hoping to make it more accessible. But it doesn't seem to be working. Should we stick to a single venue every year?

1970 36C375

We are in Florida now.... too far to go.

Bobk

I honestly wanted to go to meet everyone, my issue has been work. The other day I got bad news from my bank on a piece of commercial property I own, which in turn is forcing me to run my business extremely lean for a few months. I went from barely working part time to working full time again. Cancel my vacation time even. The joys of entrepreneurs lol.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Maybe we can get a big group from Florida and boat pool.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

My wife, grown son and I attended years ago out on Eastern Long Island not far from Southold where we were staying. We had a great time and just haven't been able to return for different reasons.
    Our 46' Hatteras is in Baltimore and I hope one day to visit the Island and Long Island Sound. If I have the right circumstances, I would return.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Youz guyz had the longest run of gets together of any region. Life is in my way to join in or I would. We used to have 6 or 8 hatts together here almost every weekend but that's not the norm anymore. I haven't seen more than one other hat rafting on the rivers this year .
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.