Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 North East Rendezvous

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    You know I love to burn fuel I need to see about time and don't have my summer plans yet so I cannot commit yet.
    If you commit to the rendezvous then you'll have summer plans. At least for that weekend.

Pt Wash in August is fine with me. Boat or boatless depends on a lot of things, but either way I can be there.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

What about the date?
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    What about the date?
    Do we normally do first weekend of August? I would say Friday August 4th to Sunday August 6th. Does this work for those officially in? Only time I'm away in August is last week, so I'm flexible. I'll run with Port Washington, but am open to different location if something better comes up. I wouldn't mind doing Nantucket for instance.

Half of the attendees of NE Rendezvous are E-dock from Greenport. I'm guessing they probably won't come (hoping they will, even if not by boat). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by holding it closer to western side of Long Island Sound we will get some much needed new blood. It's been such a great group of people I would love to see a 2nd generation of interest develop.

Group 2.jpg

ps: If we get at least 8 boats coming I'll do T-shirts again!
    HarfordHatterasShirt-II-01.jpg

I'll be there the dates work for me. As I said tho I will be bring my express cruiser and not the hatt. But I'll be great to meet everyone and yes a tee shirt would be kool.

Glory and Avenger, assuming the August 4th to 6th are OK, we have attending:

1. Avenger
    2. Exodus (me)
    3. Glory
    4. Tools n Toys II

Half way there to a spiffy new 2017 Rendezvous t-shirt....

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I blessed ya'll with my presence. No clue on what this summer holds, but maybe I'll be in cruising mode and make a trip to yankland.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Do you think we should get this thread pinned to top of board or is it too early? I would like to see at least 6 boats to make putting this together worthwhile for all.

I'm in for the first weekend In August.

I'd love to be there, but a 7 - 8 hour run each way from Westerly is a bit daunting.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

jpk55, Great you can make it! How did things turn out after repairs on your way to the 2016 Rendezvous? I remember you had to pull in for substantial repairs after hitting what you thought may have been a whale.

I hear you Bob, I know you love to fish and would probably rather spend that fuel $ and free time heading south rather then west. If you don't travel west on Long Island sound much there are some good ports along the way to make the most of it - Mattituck, Port Jefferson, Northport, Norwalk, even City Island pretty nifty. You can be at the Statue of Liberty in about 1.5 hours cruising at 17 knots and going with tide from Port Washington which makes for a nice half or full day trip. About once a year I cruise to Block Island straight from Port and it's usually a nice trip pending calm seas, which is why I recall we do this first weekend of August before wind starts kicking up and making things snotty.

Participants:

1. Avenger
    2. Exodus (me)
    3. Glory
    4. Tools n Toys II
    5. Southern Cross