Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 North East Rendezvous

Marinas that can accommodate a group on the south shore is a tough one to find they fill every weekend and many of them are town marina's so out of towners in the height of the the season just doesn't happen. To top that off Watch hill is closed this summer for a refit so its going to be hell trying to get a slip anywhere on the south shore this summer.
    This is why I went east 16 years ago it the best place to boat.
    I did the city a few years ago so not ready to go West again you need about 10 years to get over it
    It was a great time but we are just Spoiled and use to less congestion
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I'm at the Brewers in Port Washington and they do have plenty of open slips, restaurant/bar, and pool on site. There is a large park right next to marina that we could easily do BBQ in if we choose. 3 restaurants/bars on water total and great place to travel by dink. There are even free moorings you can hook up on first come first serve basis. I've been against Port Washington in the past but after visiting a number of local ports in past years I've come to appreciate that Port Washington/Manhasset Bay is a pretty good destination. I realize this knocks allot of the regulars out, but I would happy to organize this location.

Ya'll have these nice boats.....why don't ya anchor out?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    I'm at the Brewers in Port Washington and they do have plenty of open slips, restaurant/bar, and pool on site. There is a large park right next to marina that we could easily do BBQ in if we choose. 3 restaurants/bars on water total and great place to travel by dink. There are even free moorings you can hook up on first come first serve basis. I've been against Port Washington in the past but after visiting a number of local ports in past years I've come to appreciate that Port Washington/Manhasset Bay is a pretty good destination. I realize this knocks allot of the regulars out, but I would happy to organize this location.
    Port Washington/Manhasset Bay is a great destination, it has most of the things, supermarket, restaurants, quaint town, quality marinas, two Brewers yards, and kid friendly.

Buy I don't see why it knocks out regulars, putting a little more water between the destination and him port mess more time on the water. Isn't that the objective?

Besides, at several rendezvous you were the most traveled attendee. Time to let have that fun!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

If you're for Port Washington as a destination, say it now. Otherwise probably looking at usual locale further east. Don't be afraid to burn some fuel, if nothing else probably won't be this cheap again for some time.

I would go to Port Washington, been there many times. I rode our Irene there.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Back in the spring when I was bringing my 53 home from MD we stoped at brewers in port Washington the docks are awesome. I met another 53 owner there he was kind enough to let me board and gave me a tour. I think his name was Gary. But the boat is named "enuff". I don't think he participates in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    Back in the spring when I was bringing my 53 home from MD we stoped at brewers in port Washington the docks are awesome. I met another 53 owner there he was kind enough to let me board and gave me a tour. I think his name was Gary. But the boat is named "enuff". I don't think he participates in this forum.
    So does this mean your in? I never met Gary but know the boat. I'm at the other Brewer marina just east of that one.

Dan, Nick, Derek, E-dock - What sayeth you?

You know I love to burn fuel I need to see about time and don't have my summer plans yet so I cannot commit yet.

Why do you not think the fuel is not going to stay low?
    Last edited by 34Hatt; 01-13-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Sure I'm in.