Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2017 North East Rendezvous

Do we want to do a North East Rendezvous this year? The current baby of my family is now 7 months old so a little easier to travel this year. I'll organize if I can make chosen destination and date. Anywhere good on the south shore? We haven't done that.

Re: 2017 North East Rendezvous

Good idea to get an early start this time. I'd certainly be interested in doing it again.

South Shore of Long Island? Hmmm,... not much that I can think of except maybe Fire Island, which may be limited on things to do if you're not into beaches and lighthouses and the one marina I found in a Boat US search is way too close to Cherry Grove. But there are other marinas.

The other possibility is Sag Harbor, but I don't think it's much different than Greenport. There are no Brewer's Marinas on the south shore. I know that may be a consideration for some.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I'd be interested in going although refit won't be completed by then. I'll take my express cruiser Some places come to mind is montauk or mystic, port Jeff. Or port Washington. Besides the ones mentioned sag or green port

I'd like to make it this year, it's all dependent upon the dates. Weddings I cant get out of.

I'm in!

South Shore, that's an interesting destination?

I guess we need to pick a date and location.

MR. Shardford, your offer to get to work is great, I to will pitch in.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

These usually happen around the Saturday at the end of July (29th this year) or beginning of August (5th). Other dates are possible, of course. But maybe we should firm up a date first, before everybody's summer gets jammed up.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Has anyone considered NY harbor area? Several places on the NJ side of the Upper Bay including behind the Statue of Liberty and Liberty Landing. Easy cheap ferry ride to Mid Town Manhattan etc. There would be certainly lots to do and it would attract HOFers from all over NJ and the Hudson River. Might be a nice change. If it can be in NY harbor area or City island (Westernmost LI Sound) I would like to make it but I would prefer the first weekend in August since my boat will be in the Chesapeake until probably mid July for a complete Awlgrip job and refit.

Walt

First weekend in August us best for me also.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I would prefer to go east, but I would suggest we may attract some new, or less frequent, attendees . I would surely go west if that is the groups decision. Several differences New York has compared to many other destinations, no beaches, less likely to utilize you dinky, or swim. These might be more of an issue for families with children.

On the Hudson, Liberty Landing and Lincoln Harbor would be the only choices, North Cove and Chelsea Piers are way to rough for small boats like our due to commercial traffic.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

True about the lack of beaches but I believe kids would love a change of routine from a beach. There is so much for everyone to see that most folks never get the chance to do. The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island (where many of our family's first landed in America), a short cruise to the Jersey shore at Sandy Hook (anchor on the Sandy Hook Bay side) plus tons of sight seeing in Manhattan. Lincoln Harbor Marina has a few decent restaurants including a Chart House and others. The list is too long to print here but it could be a source of memories to last a lifetime for everyone, including kids.

Walt

BTW Sandy Hook in NJ is about 16 miles from the Verazano bridge if anyone wants a very nice anchorage with access to real beaches. Also cheaper fuel at Atlantic Highlands in Sandy Hook bay. I should get a job for the NJ/NYC chamber of commerce...lol.....