Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blood Stains

Blood Stains

Apparently I have had a bird (probably a hawk) disembow another bird on my flybridge and leave blood and guts stains on the non-skid. I washed with soap and water but it didn't remove all of the stains. Do any of you "convertible/sports fishing" guys have a remedy as I'm sure that you get fish blood stains occasionally? Thanks in advance.

Re: Blood Stains

The sun will probably bleach that stain out in a couple of weeks. I would wait and see if it goes away on it's own before trying any of the the other methods.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Bleach. Mix with boat soap and elbow grease.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Bar Keepers Friend. it is like comet, but white, so it works on fiberglass
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

Also "Wink" used for rust stains may work.

Bleach eats wax...At least in my experiences. The blood will disappear, though.

We have removed blood stains from fish on the non skid with straight Simple Green and a scrub brush. Let it sit for a couple of minutes then scrub, then rinse. Good Luck.....

I use nothing but Mean Green.

Bill

As usual ... thanks for all of the ideas!

When I purchased my boat 6 maybe more starlings were trying to live in it. 6 were dead inside the boat but not before they dumped on everything. I washed every thing with Mean Green. It just wiped right off. Most of the other cleaners would not touch it. Spider droppings just dissolve and wipe up. Simple green won't touch it.

BILL