Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New AC system

Re: New AC system

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Nothing KISS about a 50+ yacht
    Maybe not simple but some overly complicated systems don't work as well as expected.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    What ever you pull off please offer the working parts to the Hatteras owners on this site. I do not need anything but I've seen where some are looking for parts. Thanks
    I ll see what's worth shipping. The digital controls probably, I may have a couple of recent air handlers. The condensers are either dead or close to being
    Will post what s good
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal,

Sent you a PM. reference "Air Handlers"
    Mike,

"SeaWhisperer"
    1969 Hatteras 53' MY
    Morehead City, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I ll see what's worth shipping. The digital controls probably, I may have a couple of recent air handlers. The condensers are either dead or close to being
    Will post what s good
    Pascal, yes please post whats good. I'm in need of parts for my units. Bad compressor I believe for saloon 16btu & bow/galley acting up. In need to flush system as now my circulation pump is tripping off now just using my master/mid units in heat mode. I make a much better boat driver than a mechanic for now but learning thanks to all of you!
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

For the sake of this thread, I'm going with Ocean Breeze units. I just have to get my measurements and everything double checked before I can order. Likely a 12,000 and a 18,500.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I just finished gutting the old compressors, wiring, pipes etc from the port ET along with the old electrical panel and wiring (new AC and DC panel is in the saloon by the helm has been up and running for a while) Still some small stuff to pull out then clean and paint, and build new shelf for the chillers

That's a big pile of trash ! Nothing worth salvaging in there. I will probably have some digital controls when I get tnpulling air handlers
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Oldmpanel !
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I'll take (buy?) the old panel from ya. Any maybe a few other parts you think are junk

The panel is 47 years old... it s not even worth shipping. Most breakers are original, even the rotaries... 47 year old. Same with the ocean breeze condensor. They are almost 20 years old.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    The panel is 47 years old... it s not even worth shipping. Most breakers are original, even the rotaries... 47 year old. Same with the ocean breeze condensor. They are almost 20 years old.
    I can swing by and get it...plan to be in south florida within the next month or so. I can use some parts off it that will match my panel.