Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

WTB Furuno Nav Net VX2 Plotter

Looking for a VX2 plotter 10.4" screen. My screen is starting to go and between the tower unit and fly bridge I'm not ready for a full electronics upgrade. I have C Map but Navionics would be fine also. Let me know if you have a good working unit and price .

Re: WTB Furuno Nav Net VX2 Plotter

I purchased a used unit about 6 months ago that is in pristine condition and low total time.
    I paid $1500 and would want close to that if interested. Not what I really want or need.
    I purchased a used open array and KEP monitor and was going to use this on the F/B as a dedicated
    radar unit being I already have 2 other displays. rethinking the entire F/B layout and will use the
    2nd radar unit as a dedicated unit on the F/B. If you are interested pm me and I'll provide my phone.
    Jim & Kara Leither
    Currently Looking for Anoher Hatteras
    jleither50@yahoo.com

Horse, there's some sellers on Ebay specializing in used and or refurbed stuff. Furuno VX2 sure is a well built piece of equipment.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I'd put a new unit on the tower thats stand alone for the time being. You can add radar and or sounder info to it later on.

A good option would be a garmin 7610.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks for the suggestions. Got lucky and found a guy here in my town that just upgraded his electronics and has two that he says work perfectly. Going to take a look this week and grab one.

Back looking for a good used plotter. The one I found has Navionics chip and I need a C Map unit to run my Sirius Weather it won't work with Navionics and don't want to send it back go Furuno and pay for conversion considering what the seller wanted for his old unit.

I know you are looking for a RDP149, but just in case, I have two Furuno GD1710's that are Cmap.

One is in a NavPod (on eBay right now), the other is flush mount.

I am in the process for changing over to Garmin.
    Blaine
    1992 43C - "Journey"
    Pace, FL

Horse, try Marine Electronics of the Outer Banks in Nags Head, NC. Ask for Howard. They have a lot of used equipment and they are also a Furuno dealer as well as Garmin. They also repair Northstar equipment, one of the few shops left that does.