Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Where to buy fuel on Lake Chicamunga, TN

We have 4 boats taking about 4000gls. A friend has a connection with the fuel company so we are getting a good deal. Fuel is cheaper in NJ. As Walt said we've been paying $1.79 at the dock for diesel. Walt we are going off site for delivery.
    Jack Sardina

Dayum. I could go to the canyon every weekend at that price. Are you sure that you are getting diesel fuel and not heating oil at that price? Over here in Nuevo York we can't even get heating oil for that number.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Yes it's good fresh diesel. We would not run low grade fuels in any of these boats. No tax on off road fuel in NJ so our fuel is much cheaper. I can buy it at a fuel dock for 1.79, cheaper than on road prices and I'm sure there's a decent mark up for being on the water. I've always got the best deals dealing with the guys who do mostly commercial delivery.
    Last edited by saltshaker; 10-20-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Jack Sardina

No tax for off road fuel here either, but that's almost free compared to us. Usually the no tax vs. dock fuel more than evens out. Of course one of the few things Jersey does right is motor fuel, although I was a bit disappointed with the cash vs. credit thing, so I guess they just tax fuel less there than we do here.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    No tax for off road fuel here either, but that's almost free compared to us. Usually the no tax vs. dock fuel more than evens out. Of course one of the few things Jersey does right is motor fuel, although I was a bit disappointed with the cash vs. credit thing, so I guess they just tax fuel less there than we do here.
    That will change soon. Starting 11/01 we will have an increase of 23¢ per gallon to gas. I guess the high tolls, insane property taxes, sales tax and income tax aren't enough to keep our corrupt government running.
    Jack Sardina

Ummm,... yeah,.....

We're not supposed to discuss politics here so I'm going to shut up now.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemmc View Post
    No diesel at Island Cove Marina and they won't let us fuel by truck.
    I know there is a marina down by the dam, but was hoping for either a lower cost somewhere else or a place that would let us truck fuel for a pumping charge.

Any ideas?

mark
    Didn't see your post until now. Call the Chattanooga Yacht Club and see if they can hook you up with somebody. If you're gonna do this, fill the thing up and be done with it. If you're not going to fill it up, why bother?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It would only take 600 to fill. Who at the yacht Club? Does anyone have a contact there?