Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I've done all I can up to God now.

Been through 9 hurricanes 7 on board. This is the first time in 40 years I've left the boat. France's and Jeanne we were in the Ne eye wall and saw steady 120 but with this at 140 with 165 gusts it was time to go. I flew the first group of VNA Dr's and Nurses into Homestead after cat5 Andrew and saw first hand complete devastation. I'm hunkered down west of Vero now waiting it out. With this thing traveling up the I95 corridor at cat4 strength I think this will make Katrina look like an afternoon t storm.
    Sleepless in Vero Beach
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: I've done all I can up to God now.

Been wondering how you were making out. Wise choice to leave as Vero was right in the cross hairs. Looks like the track is an it more to the east. Let's hope it stays off shore and the impact is minimized. Be safe and good luck.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Been through 9 hurricanes 7 on board. This is the first time in 40 years I've left the boat. France's and Jeanne we were in the Ne eye wall and saw steady 120 but with this at 140 with 165 gusts it was time to go. I flew the first group of VNA Dr's and Nurses into Homestead after cat5 Andrew and saw first hand complete devastation. I'm hunkered down west of Vero now waiting it out. With this thing traveling up the I95 corridor at cat4 strength I think this will make Katrina look like an afternoon t storm.
    Sleepless in Vero Beach
    Best of luck!
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I'm the blue dot in the eye wall. The wind is howling but not as bad as it could be.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

All I can do is hope. Looking at the latest weather it's just far enough offshore that we won't get the triple digit winds.

Let's hope she dies off before anyone else has to deal with them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks for checking in guys. It's good to know you're all prepped and safe. Praying for the best possible outcome for everybody down there.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Got going b4 the cops and looters 100 mph gusts coming across the bridge ran the barricades some trees and power lines but boat still floating
    Attached Images

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Yes! So glad you and the boat are ok. I have a friend in West Palm Beach, not on the island that said it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. X2 what Scott said. Current path has it following the coast all the way to SC before it may make landfall!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Got going b4 the cops and looters 100 mph gusts coming across the bridge ran the barricades some trees and power lines but boat still floating
    R Smith:

My boat at Loggerhead, house on S. Beach. What conditions are things in and can you use the 17th St. bridge?

In Tampa but headed back over in the morning ( Sat).

Thanks,

Ron
    RoundIII

Glad to know the boat and you made it. Looks like you prepped very well.

"cops and looters"

I was just thinking about what happens in Japan when hurricanes and other disasters happen. Looting simply doesn't happen there. Strange...