Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Florida in the path!

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Not here. Looters can be shot on site within 20 feet of you. Castle doctrine. Stand your ground and other laws are on our side.
    Scott i agree with you i would rather have to pay for a lawyer to defend me then have my wife pay to bury me ...i'm in VA and went food shopping and saw few people walking around with Open Carry fire arms ...what a HUGE deterrent... God Bless America ...i'm glad we don't live in NJ anymore where law bidding citizens have no rights to defend themselves and criminals have all the rights if you hurt them while defending yourself or your family you go to Jail....we are now residents of Florida and myself my wife are both legally armed...
    Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Re: Florida in the path!

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Any word from members in jax?
    All I can say is thank God for preparation and for mandatory evacuations, mainly the areas from St Augustine north and GA up to St Simons/Brunswick area. We stayed but I questioned that decision several times last night. We lost power at 5 pm yesterday and just got it back 30 minutes ago. Glad I have a built in house generator.

Unfortunately St Augustine's downtown flooded along with other areas. St Marys flooded and is still blocked off. Local areas just started letting people back in. The last 50 miles of I-95 before Florida was closed for a while this morning until cleared of debris.

Our boat was ok on the St Johns river in Jacksonville and we'll move it back tomorrow.

Al in all, we dodged a bullet as it could have been devastating if it had turned any further west. No more hurricanes with names that end in ew...
    Art