Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Florida in the path!

She should just go in early and evac the family. Travel after the storm can be dangerous.

By the way looters beware. Most residents in florida are packing

Go ahead and try it.

It's your life.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    She should just go in early and evac the family. Travel after the storm can be dangerous.

By the way looters beware. Most residents in florida are packing

Go ahead and try it.

It's your life.
    That's what I told her but she was at work until late tonight in storm prep and my BIL wouldn't leave her. I'm optimistic and hoping this things stays far enough East to minimize any significant impact. I would love for this to turn out to be one of those tons of hype non event storms. If that turns out to be the case I still say all were smart in their preparations and evacuations.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    GO EAST. GO EAST.

We're pretty much stuck waiting. No way to get out of the way.

Bill let me know how you fair. I'll do the same. I'm told I may not be able to get home before monday. Not a good feeling.
    I'll try to get to the marina tomorrow. I'll let you know. If I can get there and you can't, do you want me to check out your boat in Cocoa?
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

I appreciate that.

I'm waiting to see when I can get back on Cocoa beach.

I'm ready but the dam curfew is killing me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Scott,

Did you guys check into a hotel or someones house inland? Im in south orlando on lake conway with plenty of rooms at the house if you guys are in a pinch.

Adam

We're at a friend's place in winter garden. Figuring out how to get back today.

Waiting on the bridges to open
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Whew. Looks like the southern half of Florida was completely spared. Best of luck to those still in the storms path. For the "newbies" out there... You did not just survive a cat 4. It missed us by just enough. Thank Goodness. Florida got Real Lucky this time.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Whew. Looks like the southern half of Florida was completely spared. Best of luck to those still in the storms path. For the "newbies" out there... You did not just survive a cat 4. It missed us by just enough. Thank Goodness. Florida got Real Lucky this time.
    AMEN! Our place on Kitching Cove did great, docks and all. And we never lost power. We'll probably see lots of blue roofs on the way back south.

Bobk

I know this was/is really bad and could still be as bad or worse for those further north, but as an outside observer trying to get information, I have to wonder about the reporting. As Pascal noted, many of the weather stations showed much lower wind speeds than the Hurricane Center was reporting. Were they/are they afraid that people would not heed the warnings unless they portrayed this storm as worse than it actually is?

Don't get me wrong; I'm thankful that it seems to have been less damaging than anticipated so far but it does make you wonder. I guess its just like most weather guys, if you're right 50% of the time, you get to keep your job.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Glad to hear all are ok and your boats faired well, but that is no accident. You all sound like you were will prepared. People on this site obviously love their boats and show it by the way they prepared. Not so for some others. I saw pictures of sail boats in the eye of the storm with roller furling head sails still up and torn to shreds and I am sure there were unprepared power boats that had a lot of damage. Good job and best of luck to those further north. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.