Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: God Speed...

God Speed...

I, like many others yesterday, spent most of the day completing their Hurricane plan in preparation for Mathew. As of 8am this morning the center line of the eye is predicted to pass within 20-30 miles of the marina. I have prepared for the worst and am hoping for the best. The rest is in the hands of God and Mother Nature. God speed to all impacted by Mathew and know you are in my thoughts and Prayers.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: God Speed...

I'm on a JetBlue flight on my way to Orlando then a drive to my home in Stuart, been flying since 3:30 yesterday afternoon moving planes. The storm is forecast to pass thru our backyard pushing 145mph. This one's going to hurt, good luck everyone.

Good luck, guys and gals, I have you in my prayers. This one could be REALLY ugly for a lot of folks. My brother is leaving Orlando with my dad and heading to Clearwater to ride this one out. Even Orlando could get hammered.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Argh, my folks have a place on Nettles Island which is off Jensen Beach right next to Stuart. I'm already making plans to take next week off and drive down there from NY to evaluate and clean up. May God be with all who live and/or have property in it's path.

I have dock space on the West coast if anyone needs a spot. Only problem is that I think locks may have closed on the Okeechobee.

Thank you all for the thought and Prayers. Have been watching this all day. Glad to see/hear reports of those in south Florida are starting to take a little bit of a breath. For Central & North Florida it appears all of the modeling has the eye either passing through / 20 miles of eye center as a Cat4. The blue dot is my Hat and many others at Halifax Harbor Marina in Daytona. Good luck to those in the cross hairs of Matthew.
    Attached Images
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Matthew is passing just to the east of us now, 29.37 average 12kts of wind, gusts to 30 as feeder bands pass and the power is still on. A delightful non-event.

Where are you exactly?

My boats in cocoa beach and I'm not for fear of this storm. Do you have any good news for me?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I'm in Stuart and apparently spoke too soon, the power just went out It's blowing maybe 40 now, I'll try to post pic of our position.
    Attached Images

A ray of hope. Just checked the 11pm forecast and they are speculating that Matthew may have peaked & is turning slight right/east. Let's hope this holds true!
    Best regards,
    --
    David