Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Tanker truck fuel deliver to marinas

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    What happen to the old sales pitch "if you can't afford the fuel don't buy the boat". My marina sells only gas so no help there besides the time it takes to go get it drive back in your truck haul it down to the boat is so time consuming. Your time is worth more.

Not always time consuming sometimes it saves $$$ and Time as in my case.

I bought a 130 aluminum tank off a Mack truck for $100 made a cradle for it some hose and valve's. I throw it into my truck night before go to work and then from work to the boat filling it on the way. I pull it to our filling area next to parking lot start filling and also load the weekend stuff and Ice the cooler all at the same time. It saves me from dragging all the stuff down the dock in a cart and I would have to go down a different creek to get my fuel.

I am in a club and we don't have fuel or gas, so everyone has a different situation. But one of those tanks could work for jay and maybe a small trailer that would fit down the dock ?
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

The boat is at my dock. It's much more time consuming (and wallet consuming) for me to take the boat to a marina to fill it!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

A 275 gal heating oil tank works for that too. Have the drop done where the boat is and get relatively inexpensive Aggie fuel hose from JM Ellsworth and let gravity be your pump. Or you could be like me and polish it before it goes in the boat. Much easier to change filters on the polisher than the boat.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

In Maryland, it is my understanding that there is a law that prohibits fueling boats from tanker trucks or fuel barges.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

California has the same law. Marinas will. It let you do it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

A fuel outfit that services boats should have at least 250 feet of hose on the truck, our guy in NJ needs about 175 feet to get to us and he's got tons left on the reel. As far as Maryland goes there's plenty of tank services fueling boats in Ocean City, not sure if it's legal or not but it's going on.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I used an outfit outta Annapolis for filling my boat for years until we a "disagreement " on our pre agreed upon price ....Pat

Most delivery services don't have a set price, at least here in miami. They ll give you the current price which changes daily and the next day, it could have gone up 10 or 20c
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

If you're going to get fuel off the truck you have to make sure of the quality you're actually getting. We were using a guy that had been good for a few years, all of a sudden we, and others, realized the transoms were dirty and the boats were leaving some haze in the wake. Went on a trip, refueled a couple of times and everything cleaned up back to normal. Next step was to contact other tanker services and their prices were a bit higher because it turns out the guy was purchasing low quality fuel and then adding some good fuel to get it red.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    California has the same law. Marinas will. It let you do it.
    Marinas in California will not let you haul in fuel. Sorry for the type o
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California