Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

40 ft. 1988 Hatteras MY GAS / $49,500 / 2 owner boat.

Owned for 10 years. Purchased from original owner. Boat has been consistently up dated and maintained. Garmin 4212 and Garmin Radar. I was going to take plenty of pictures of the outside but the weather would not cooperate so I am including the interior and motors as this seems to be what most everyone is interested in at first. Enclosure replaced 3 years ago. 1999 Avon 10.5 dinghy with 1999 15 hp Yamaha and canvas top. Marquipt davit. Excellent , clean boat. Ready to go. Has original a/c units plus a self contained unit installed in the master closet with totally separate system, thru hull and pump. Remodeled galley, vinyl flooring in galley and forward head. Teak flooring in aft head. Two TV's, custom lighting throughout. Led lighting in engine bay. All equipment, lines, fenders, supplies go with boat. No longer boating. I am through.

Original 454 motors rebuilt 600 hrs. on rebuild. Documented every step of the way. Has Edelbrock carbs, Mallory distributors, exhaust/risers done last year , silicon exhaust hoses, all stainless clamps, all sanitary hoses replaced, heads have been rebuilt in the last few years. List goes on and on. New batteries last week. New raw water pumps.

To my knowledge this boat needs nothing. VERY CLEAN, ready to go. Would have it at the marina this week checking bottom but got delayed by the approaching storm until next week.

Have plenty more pictures and I hope I can load the ones I have selected for this message.

Located in Vero Beach, Fl. 813 765 1040

Thanks,

RonIMG_0081 (2).jpgEnclosure front view.jpgDSC01992.jpg
    Last edited by roundIII; 11-22-2016 at 09:31 AM. Reason: still available / going to broker next month

Re: 40 ft. 1988 Hatteras MY GAS / $49,500 / 2 owner boat.

This is still available and going to broker next month.

Thanks

RR

Thumbs up 40 ft. 1988 Hatteras MY GAS / $49,500 / 2 owner boat.

Very nice! Great price. I wish that it was closer to us. We're in the market for a Hatteras! Especially one with a guest cabin.

GLWS!
    Hard work pays off in the future.
    Laziness, pays off now!

PM sent!
    Laziness, pays off now!

I'm bumping this back up because the owner was nice enough to send us many pictures and a wealth of information on this boat. Sadly it's not for us, but anyone else who is even remotely interested, or knows someone who might be, needs to check this boat out! It's priced well for the overall outstanding condition and very well maintained.

Thanks, Ron for getting back to me!

Mrs. Stripes and I will peruse the pictures and info today. If we want to move forward, we'll touch base and make arrangements to see the boat in person. We'll be in the area from December 23rd to January 1st.

Cheers
    Laziness, pays off now!

Hi Stripes,

I have a 1989 40 DC that I have owned for 5 years now. It is not for sale, but I wanted to let you know that we love the boat and my wife and adult kids enjoy it every weekend throughout the summer. The 40 DC is fairly easy to maintain and handle with 1 or 2 people. We have had 7 people sleep on it at one time. maintenance / operation costs (with 454 Crusaders) is very reasonable and most mechanically inclined people can easily maintain / repair them. I do not know this specific boat or the owner but if it is in good shape the price is a steal. I paid over $100,000 five years ago and do not regret my decision. If you want to see how another 40 DC looks I have about 30 photo's of my boat on the forum.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC.

Quote Originally Posted by lake of the woods View Post
    Hi Stripes,

I have a 1989 40 DC that I have owned for 5 years now. It is not for sale, but I wanted to let you know that we love the boat and my wife and adult kids enjoy it every weekend throughout the summer. The 40 DC is fairly easy to maintain and handle with 1 or 2 people. We have had 7 people sleep on it at one time. maintenance / operation costs (with 454 Crusaders) is very reasonable and most mechanically inclined people can easily maintain / repair them. I do not know this specific boat or the owner but if it is in good shape the price is a steal. I paid over $100,000 five years ago and do not regret my decision. If you want to see how another 40 DC looks I have about 30 photo's of my boat on the forum.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC.
    Thanks for the info!
    Laziness, pays off now!

Lowering price to $44,900.

This is a good boat that is ready to be used. Only two owners. Not altered or cut up. Very clean.

Thanks,

RR

I don't know this particular boat, but based on other discussions we've had on the forum, I believe that this boat, which has gasoline engines, was built with the later fuel tank material, so it is not subject to the tank degradation issue that earlier boats suffer with.