Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Not good not good

Looking pretty bad keeps shifting to the west major storm
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Not good not good

The westward shifting of the predicted track has us nervous. We planned to depart Baltimore for FL via the ICW in the morning, but now thinking about delaying a week.

Bobk

Not good at all. The Florida Governor issued the state of emergency for all Florida counties as of 5PM Monday. What's most distressing is the drastic shift westward in Matthew's predicted track by Thursday. The GFS and European models are both coming into agreement. The entire southeast coast is at risk. Let's hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.

i don't trust any storm with the Drew in the name after living through Andrew. Hang on!
    Attached Images

The worst part of the storm is on the east side so even 100nm off the coast will be a non event.

That said I don't trust late season storms... They are unpredictable. Not loosing sleep yet even though I have 4 boats totaling 200'+ of loa to take care off

Waiting for the next two advisories before I push the panic button
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Ya'll please be careful, this thing could turn a little bit and hit the east coast... please be careful, i dont want to hear any bad news.

An old Florida cracker theory of mine is that the safest place is in the center of the cone @ 5 days, storms never seem to end up there. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    That said I don't trust late season storms... They are unpredictable. Not loosing sleep yet even though I have 4 boats totaling 200'+ of loa to take care off
    How about another 58 feet to that?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike36c View Post
    An old Florida cracker theory of mine is that the safest place is in the center of the cone @ 5 days, storms never seem to end up there. I have a bad feeling about this one.
    And every update keeps moving the track further west. I think it's fair to say that Mathew will hit hard somewhere along the east coast. Question is does it move up the coast or head inland and come apart?
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    How about another 58 feet to that?
    You got Ed

We re supposed to haul out the Lazzara tomorrow for bottom paint but considering how everyone freaks out in this town I m afraid I ll get a call cancelling...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat