Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1978 43 Double Cabin for Sale

Kevin,

Two questions: On the bow pulpit, what is that device between the cat head and the anchor?

Is the lower helmsman station area & aft deck area air conditioned?

Thank you,
    Looking and learning about Hatteras

Tuga

Kevin,

Two questions: On the bow pulpit, what is that device between the cat head and the anchor?

Is the lower helmsman station area & aft deck area air conditioned?

Thank you,

Beyond the windlass there is a chain stopper (keeps chain from pulling out and can be used for light anchoring), then the bow roller/anchor. The bow roller is actually from Sea Ray. I found they made a very stout one that fit the boat well. I called Sea Ray with the serial number of the boat which had the correct size and ordered it as a spare part from a local dealer. Epoxied extra support (2" x 2" x 1/4" aluminum angle) for bow roller inside the anchor locker (see picture)

There is no air conditioning in the helm/aft deck area and if added, I don't think it would work well with all of the glass.

Thanks for asking.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Timeout; 09-29-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

Just a post of shame to move this thread up the list to page 1

Boat will be pulled and moved to inside heated storage for the winter on Friday - 10/28.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

Updated add to make it more readable, sort the pictures more logically and add some pictures. There is room on the pricing but leaving where it is for now in case we decide to list with a broker. Getting her ready for spring launch and another season of enjoyment.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

Beautiful condition. You can tell this owner takes pride in his vessel. Thanks for sharing. You will not need any luck selling her.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Beautiful boat. The cleanest I have ever seen. Kevin, do you remember the manufacturer of those club chairs in the salon, or were they there when you bought the boat?

Beautiful condition! It sure brings back memories of my dad's 1975. It was almost identical to that boat. He owned her from 78-83. I loved that boat. And I personally like them without the dinette that they added in later years.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Beautiful boat. The cleanest I have ever seen. Kevin, do you remember the manufacturer of those club chairs in the salon, or were they there when you bought the boat?
    Jim,

The chairs came from Crate & Barrel. Not sure if still available but I think it was called Briarwood. I did a quick check in their catalog and I know we didn't pay that amount for them but they weren't cheap. It was tough to find nice chairs that fit in the space.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

Thank you. I'll take a look at them.

Sale Pending.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH