Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 1978 43 Double Cabin for Sale

This boat is sold. For reference, it closed at $110,000 with no broker. Surveyed at $120,000. Prior to listing it privately, I ran it by a couple of brokers and they were quoting numbers like $50 - 60,000. First couple that looked at it bought it after looking at others and having 1 other surveyed. Downsizing and in contract on a Marlow Pilot 31. Should close on new boat next week.
    Last edited by Timeout; 02-11-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Timeout View Post
    This boat is sold. For reference, it closed at $110,000 with no broker. Surveyed at $120,000. Prior to listing it privately, I ran it by a couple of brokers and they were quoting numbers like $50 - 60,000. First couple that looked at it bought it after looking at others and having 1 other surveyed. Downsizing and in contract on a Marlow Pilot 31. Should close on new boat next week.
    Tanks for posting this. It's heartening to hear that a boat in good condition can bring a premium like that.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by Timeout View Post
    Thanks for posting the sale price.. My 1979 43'DC is not nearly as nice is yours, but I only paid $55000. Im guessing my purchase is in a data base somewhere and influenced the brokers you talked to

My plan has been to slowly replace and repair various components on mine so that one day it is as good as new... I know not to expect to get any of that money back when I sell. Your experience gives me hope that Im not throwing it all away but the big thing you have done for me is to give me something to show my wife when she questions yet another $1000 spent on the boat

Thanks again