Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Flibs

Re: Flibs

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Jerry, the sticker colors only identify where you are from so that the proper salesperson could assist you.
    Interesting, we milled around for about 20 minutes, and no one even said hello. I went up to the desk and tried to ask if the admiral could use the head and was basically ignored. She finally grabbed me by the arm and said lets go somewhere else. No biggy, and again, I understand and respect their need to prioritize their limited time and space. We just will skip the exhibit next time. We're just exuberant fans, clad in Hatteras shirts and hats, oh, and we own one, granted, an older model, but it was definitely a step-child kind of experience. We're over it, and happy to be back on our girl today!!
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Jerry, If Steve and the crew from Sam's were there, your experience would have been much different. Your observation was probably correct, but most of us stop at the Hatteras display to see Steve and buy some shirts and other Hatteras stuff. That has always been my attitude at the Lauderdale or Miami shows. Remember that it costs a bunch of $ to set up a display at one of those shows and I guess the display staff need to try to focus on new boat buyers, but it's still no excuse for being rude.

Walt

Jerry, I think maybe you may have expected to be treated like a car buyer at a car lot where salesmen hang out like vultures ready to pounce with a TON of sales pressure to buy today. My boat is older and smaller than yours, but I've never felt like a second class citizen during numerous visits to the Hatteras display in both Lauderdale and Miami. They have always been very courteous and very professional. Did you approach anyone about viewing a boat or even stand near a particular boat for any length of time? I was approached within five minutes of simply standing near the boarding area of the GT70 where Scott and his son were on the bridge. I assure you, I wasn't dressed like a guy who could buy that boat, but these guys are smart enough not to judge. Lots of guys at the show wearing dirty T-shirts can write that check on the spot while sharp dressed pretenders are just that.

For what it's worth, to my knowledge, they have no heads in their display, and I'm certain your admiral didn't expect to use one on a boat. Not trying to be critical of you in any way, just sharing my personal experiences.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    ...Did you approach anyone about viewing a boat or even stand near a particular boat for any length of time? I was approached within five minutes of simply standing near the boarding area of the GT70 where Scott and his son were on the bridge. I assure you, I wasn't dressed like a guy who could buy that boat, but these guys are smart enough not to judge. Lots of guys at the show wearing dirty T-shirts can write that check on the spot while sharp dressed pretenders are just that.

For what it's worth, to my knowledge, they have no heads in their display, and I'm certain your admiral didn't expect to use one on a boat. Not trying to be critical of you in any way, just sharing my personal experiences.
    Hey Freeebird, no problem, I appreciate your thoughts. Yes, we did hover behind the MY's for a little while but no one approached us. I used to own an aviation charter business, so I've had some involvement with bigger ticket purchases (so I didn't expect the used car pitch). I was hoping they had a head for the admiral behind the main gathering area, it looked like several temporary buildings behind the main desk might be possibilities, but the admiral didn't feel comfortable after I stood there for a few minutes just trying to ask the question. Its okay, we will always love Hatteras, it was just a moment in time that things didn't line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Jerry, If Steve and the crew from Sam's were there, your experience would have been much different. Your observation was probably correct, but most of us stop at the Hatteras display to see Steve and buy some shirts and other Hatteras stuff. That has always been my attitude at the Lauderdale or Miami shows. Remember that it costs a bunch of $ to set up a display at one of those shows and I guess the display staff need to try to focus on new boat buyers, but it's still no excuse for being rude.

Walt
    SAMS was on the top of my list of people to see. That would have been so great to be able to meet them in person. When I have a question or have trouble explaining something, Steve just says to text him a picture or two to his cell phone and he immediately responds with the answer. Amazing service, and no reflection on the experience we had at the Hatt exhibit. I've been on the vendor side of these kinds of exhibits, so I do understand it is an insane investment in time, money and resources. Maybe it was just a fluky day. The admiral says I buy enough Hatt memorabilia for a small army. I've bought the shirts, the coozies, the tervis tumblers, the umbrella's, even the playing cards for goodness sakes!

BTW- here is a pic of the Hatt 70 and 100'ers. OMG

20161104_152249.jpg
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

"She finally grabbed me by the arm and said lets go somewhere else."

This is why I prefer to be a pirate with no chain of command telling me what to do.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Toured both the Hatteras 70 MY and the 76 Viking MY. Both had the same MTU engines, both about the same price... The Hatteras had a totally open floor plan with the galley in the middle. No lower station, no side doors, no flybridge access from inside. A very euro interior. Hatteras has some very strong competition!

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    Hey Freeebird, no problem, I appreciate your thoughts. Yes, we did hover behind the MY's for a little while but no one approached us. I used to own an aviation charter business, so I've had some involvement with bigger ticket purchases (so I didn't expect the used car pitch). I was hoping they had a head for the admiral behind the main gathering area, it looked like several temporary buildings behind the main desk might be possibilities, but the admiral didn't feel comfortable after I stood there for a few minutes just trying to ask the question. Its okay, we will always love Hatteras, it was just a moment in time that things didn't line up.

SAMS was on the top of my list of people to see. That would have been so great to be able to meet them in person. When I have a question or have trouble explaining something, Steve just says to text him a picture or two to his cell phone and he immediately responds with the answer. Amazing service, and no reflection on the experience we had at the Hatt exhibit. I've been on the vendor side of these kinds of exhibits, so I do understand it is an insane investment in time, money and resources. Maybe it was just a fluky day. The admiral says I buy enough Hatt memorabilia for a small army. I've bought the shirts, the coozies, the tervis tumblers, the umbrella's, even the playing cards for goodness sakes!

BTW- here is a pic of the Hatt 70 and 100'ers. OMG

Attachment 21244
    Nice Picture! That being said the smaller boat on the left I believe is the 60MY not the 70MY. Do you have anymore pictures to post? If so I'm sure we'd all like to see them.

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Nice Picture! That being said the smaller boat on the left I believe is the 60MY not the 70MY. Do you have anymore pictures to post? If so I'm sure we'd all like to see them.

Thanks

Tony
    Yes Tony, you are absolutely right. That was the 60 on the left, and the 70 was on the other side of it.
    Here are a couple more pics. For some reason the uploader is acting up (or my browser is) I'll attempt this and hopefully at least one pic will come thru...

20161104_152055.jpg

20161104_151029.jpg
    Attached Images
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL