Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Sailboat vs Ferry video

Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Sailboat vs Ferry video

I guess he did not like the Idea of passing Port to Port . This brought back a old Memory of when I worked for a ferry company when younger we had to throw them into reverse full speed astern and stopped it in time. That was a 88' steel boat vs 21' fiberglass I think it would have made the same crunch .
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Looks like the Admiral jumped ship before impact! I think the pooch would have been a better helmsman.

As Bugs Bunny would say - What a maroon....
    Mike Stailey
    1978 43 DC/FB

4. Thumbs down Sailboat vs Ferry video

Just goes to show you (again): Don't trust the other guy to follow navigation rules...

We saw that video in our SeaSchool class and tried to come up with some sort of explaination...best we could come up with was maybe someone unfamiliar with a tiller pushed rather than pulled trying to turn away from the ferry???

Despite what the narration says that doesn't look like a small sailboat. It's pretty lousy video but I'd guess 35 to 40 ft, so I'd doubt that it has a tiller. I'd be more inclined to think steering failure or insurance job.

I wish I could see the video. I can’t get it to run….