Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: In search of Chris Craft 55 TF last spotted in the SC area.

Quote Originally Posted by No Fly Zone View Post
    Electrical fire was most likely the cause. She burned sitting unattended at the dock in Boca Chica DR.
    If I was to acquire 003 the entire electrical, fuel, ac, and engines, will be redone.
    That is a no brainer on a boat of this age.
    Critical on the age and hours is the integrity. Aluminum boats need dry epoxy coated bilges, quality electrical systems, regular bottom maintenance and zincs.

Or a good welder. Be careful what you wish for...they get expensive in a big hurry. She is a beautiful boat in the photos...

Quote Originally Posted by No Fly Zone View Post
    They built 3. 001 was purposely sunk which turned out to be a failed insurance scam. 002 burned down most likely as result of poor maint, and never having any updates after spending 24 years fishing the carribean. I knew the boat and my father even overhauled both engines about 10 years before she sunk. even then she had her signs of neglect from the cheap owner at the time.
    in other words the loss was not a result of design, or construction error.
    now lets lok at the other end of the spectrum. 003 is still alive and running in Louisiana 40 years later. Just from the pics I found of her online she has is in her original condition and still fishing.
    So you tell me if I go through her bow to stern and make her better than new if safety should be a concern?

Rick
    Where did you find the pictures online? I looked and didn't see any. If you could post the pics or a link to them, that would be great. I, just as many other members on here like to look at old classic yacht pictures. For me at least it helps bring back memories of when I was a kid, walking the docks and reading the old magazine ads etc.

Thank You

Tony

She, the "STE MAC", is indeed in Louisiana and is almost finished with referb.
    When it was purchased, it was named "The Lab"
    Here are pics sent to me by her owner this afternoon.
    IMG_4350.jpgAttachment 23054bow.jpg
    Last edited by Mickey; 08-04-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Rick, I would be love to put you in contact with the owner so that you can you can give him some history on his boat. I sent you a pm. Please contact me.