Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ocean 37 Billfish

First off I didn't realize that Viking acquired Ocean Yachts a few months ago. I think that's interesting. But what I really find interesting is that they intend on manufacturing the 37 Billfish as a Viking. Clearly, as Scott has pointed out in the past, the manufacturers do their homework with regard to who will buy what kind/style of boat. Well I'm guessing this will have to be $800-$1mil to buy. I remember when this boat came out by Ocean and I thought it was a good looking boat with nice amenities. I really think Hatteras missed the ball on this one. I have a friend with a 07 ocean 48 and he admits the build/engineering is no where near the Hatteras quality. Seems to me Hatt could have scored here. I wonder why they didn't ?

Re: Ocean 37 Billfish

Hatteras has the 45. Either of these is a good prospect for my son to own in 20 years. Considering g our needs is hard to justify the cost of maintaining a larger vessel. Today we did not go out for a cruise because it's only 2 of us and I don't enjoy all the insanity of single handing (wife is not able to help much) in 90 degree weather. An air conditioned bridge sounds good about now.

FWIW the heat index is 101.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    An air conditioned bridge sounds good about now.
    Need that lower station, with A/C.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

It's nice and comfortable in my enclosed bridge
    Jack Sardina

Thats for sure. I guess I'm a little spoiled. Too hot and I just don't enjoy the day.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.