Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Sanitary Hose

Grettings All getting ready to replace all sanitary hose on boat. Would like to ask what manufacturer has the best hose being it's a big job for myself any way want to at least get everyones input. Again thanks.

Re: Best Sanitary Hose

FWIW - The Bellowflex exhaust hose that Hatt used OEM for waste hose lasted 30 years on our 53 MY until I decided to be "Proactive" and replace it with white sanitation hose, even though there was no problem with the Bellowflex The white "sanitation hose" lasted 2 years before permeating/smelling. I then replaced all the white sanitation hose with the OEM type exhaust hose.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

The PO replaced all hoses so it has permiated to point hose was white now yellow and lil well smelling. Thanks for reply Mike. I have read some past threads and not looking forwards to the task but has to be done.

Talking Re: Best Sanitary Hose

Was able to replace mine with sch 40 pvc.
    Bob

5. Re: Best Sanitary Hose

The previous owner installed shields. Seems very easy to get in these parts. Not sure how good it is in comparison with other brands.

We use white vinegar to keep the buildup down. Seems to be a cheap way to maintain the lines.

Use a table spoon of Noflex Digestor per week in each toilet. There will be zero/nada/no smell what so ever. This stuff works.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

To reiterate what I said earlier in clearer terms...the best sanitation hose ISN"T "sanitation hose," it's exhaust hose. Of course, sanitation hose IS cheaper and easier to work. It just doesn't last NEARLY as long - in our case, by a factor of 15X. Frankly it's an excellent example of "you get what you pay for."

Of course, if the no flex digester can do as advertised - we have a couple of bottles but I've not yet actually tried it - then the hose quality may not really matter and using it is much cheaper than replacing hose!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

My OEM hose will be 40 years old next year and has absolutely no odor. The water heater is still working too. Amazing.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    To reiterate what I said earlier in clearer terms...the best sanitation hose ISN"T "sanitation hose," it's exhaust hose. Of course, sanitation hose IS cheaper and easier to work. It just doesn't last NEARLY as long - in our case, by a factor of 15X. Frankly it's an excellent example of "you get what you pay for."

Of course, if the no flex digester can do as advertised - we have a couple of bottles but I've not yet actually tried it - then the hose quality may not really matter and using it is much cheaper than replacing hose!

But the best thing still is replace as much as possible with PVC.

I too have been using the Noflex and it does seem to work well. The biggest problem I use to have was after pumping out and the tank sat during the week first few flushes were BAD. This no longer is a problem maybe just a hint so I feel it is cleaning the bottom of the tank I also put some in the bowl and let it sit and it does a nice job of cleaning the bowl on my Raritan Atlantes
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post

Mike, to let you how well it works I will tell you a quick story. The pick up tube on a friends holding tank broke off last month. We tried to remove the fitting on top of the tank. When we did the whole plate broke away from the top of the tank. The smell was horrendous. Brought tears to our eyes. We sealed it up. We poured 1/2 a bottle of the Noflex in the tank and left for a week. We returned with all the parts to remove and fix the tank. When we removed the plate to suck out the waste we could not believe it. There was zero smell even inches away. Try it you will like it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California