Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WOW!!! Hatteras Classic Club Rendezvous in Inner Harbor Baltimore

At least 38 people attended the opening cocktail party last night with more people arriving today and Friday. NY, PA, MD, VA, NC, SCAM, GA, FL and Detroit were represented at the party. There was enough food provided that no one left for dinner and most people were there for more than 2 hours. A lot of visiting, making new friends and talking about Hatteras's filled the air on a very pleasant evening under the tent on the docks at Harbor East Marina. The c crowd started leaving around 9pm after a really enjoyable opening night.

Today at 9am at the Courtyard Marriott on Aliceanna Street in Baltimore Boaters University opens. One of the speakers is Club member Bruce Mattenson, owner of Pittsburgh Power Diesels making a presentation on Turbos along with a couple of other speakers. The afternoon is an optional visit to the Baltimore Museum of Industry.

Tonight's cocktail party starts at 6pm under the tent on the docks followed by dinner at the World Famous Bertha's Mussels restaurant. Bertha's features live Jazz music on Thursday night. At least 3 other bars feature live music within 2 blocks.

In the marina are 46 convertibles, 53 Motor Yachts, 53 Yachtfish, 61 cockpit Motor Yachts and maybe others. The majority of attendees are staying at the Courtyard Marriott. More boats
    arrive today and Friday.

Chuck Meyers of Bluewater Yachts was the sponsor of Wednesdays cocktail party.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Re: WOW!!! Hatteras Classic Club Rendezvous in Inner Harbor Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    At least 38 people attended the opening cocktail party last night with more people arriving today and Friday. NY, PA, MD, VA, NC, SCAM, GA, FL and Detroit were represented at the party. There was enough food provided that no one left for dinner and most people were there for more than 2 hours. A lot of visiting, making new friends and talking about Hatteras's filled the air on a very pleasant evening under the tent on the docks at Harbor East Marina. The c crowd started leaving around 9pm after a really enjoyable opening night.

Today at 9am at the Courtyard Marriott on Aliceanna Street in Baltimore Boaters University opens. One of the speakers is Club member Bruce Mattenson, owner of Pittsburgh Power Diesels making a presentation on Turbos along with a couple of other speakers. The afternoon is an optional visit to the Baltimore Museum of Industry.

Tonight's cocktail party starts at 6pm under the tent on the docks followed by dinner at the World Famous Bertha's Mussels restaurant. Bertha's features live Jazz music on Thursday night. At least 3 other bars feature live music within 2 blocks.

In the marina are 46 convertibles, 53 Motor Yachts, 53 Yachtfish, 61 cockpit Motor Yachts and maybe others. The majority of attendees are staying at the Courtyard Marriott. More boats
    arrive today and Friday.

Chuck Meyers of Bluewater Yachts was the sponsor of Wednesdays cocktail party.
    Sounds like a lot of fun, wish I could be there to meet some other Hatteras Owners. Unfortunately it would be a long run to bring our boat up from Ft. Lauderdale just for dinner. The speaker for today, Bruce at Pittsburgh Power is located only about 20min from where I live in Pittsburgh. I've heard of the company before but I didn't realize he was Hatteras owner.

Tony

Tony, that's why they make airplanes! Most of the people here flew in to attend.

Right now Andy Dixon who has gone to the Bahamas for the last 14 years and spent 7 weeks over there this summer, is making a presentation on going to the Bahamas.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    Tony, that's why they make airplanes! Most of the people here flew in to attend.

Right now Andy Dixon who has gone to the Bahamas for the last 14 years and spent 7 weeks over there this summer, is making a presentation on going to the Bahamas.
    Actually I'm only a 3 to 4 hour drive from Baltimore and would seriously consider driving over but I have other things going on this weekend where I wouldn't be able to attend. My son plays Midget Football and I'm one of the coaches, so I have to be there, not that I wouldn't be anyway. But also my family has a Banquet Hall where we do weddings, parties, and conventions and both my father and Uncle are out of town this weekend so my wife and I have to be there to help keep an eye on things. I'll definitely look toward trying to be there next year though.

Tony

I would've at least come by car, but had some minor surgery to take care of. Next year if I may come by boat!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

All that hub bub and no pics !?

Wow Again. I am embarrassed. I am not good with technology. As my wife and I are hosting this year, I don't have the time to try and learn how to post pictures. I can email the one's I have if someone would help me out and post them for me.

Today's session starts with Bruce Mallinson'so presentation on turbos with some turbos cut open to use as props.

Our 10am speaker cancelled so we are doing a round table on questions, improvements we have made to our Hatteras's and servicing tips and anything else there is interest in talking about.

11am speakers will show a power point presentation about buying a Light House in the Chesapeake Bay near Newport News at a Government auction and turning it into a summer home.

In the afternoon after lunch at the Courtyard Marriott where most of the out of towners are staying, we go to the University of Maryland's Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology in Inner Harbor Baltimore. The Institutes Director Dr Russell Hill will make a presentation and lead us on a tour of the facility.

Will keep everyone posted and hopefully someone will volunteer to post some pictures. Plus, I need to remember to take pictures!
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21

I'm posting these photos as a favor to my friend Dr. Rosenthal who forwarded them to me by email.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Thank you Eric!

The top photo is the office of Harbor East Marina in Inner Harbor in Baltimore on the ground floor. Cleanest and nicest marina bathrooms I've ever been in. The building is an office building that among other things holds the Carey Business School of Johns Hopkins University.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21

The second photo is the tent area the cocktail parties are held. That is a 46'convertible in the background.

The 3rd photo is the 53' Classic Motor Yacht "Size Matters" on the way near the marina.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21