Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: very sad. sunken hatteras

Absent without leave is more like it.

I wish my boat had a place for one of those lights. I keep trying to figure out where I could mount one on my boat. Just for grins.

Heard from reliable source that same boat "ran into island" in the Bahamas earlier this year and was repaired there.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GCSI View Post
    Heard from reliable source that same boat "ran into island" in the Bahamas earlier this year and was repaired there.
    The question is, who had the right of way?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Jack, Jack Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    And the Tv dome should still be good

No reason for it to be on it side beside the fact you have all these Gov agency's standing around saying we should do this or maybe that, and what if

That should have been off the beach in 24 hrs.
    I've been in the market for a SatTV dome! Admirals getting bored w/ docks basic cable!
    Maybe they'll also salvage some other equipment but this (very very sad) boats history cast a huge doubt about anything on her. Or this bozo will just keep re-floating & repairing her (obviously cannot see anyone would want to buy her except for salvage especially if the island grounding is her as seen in previous pics). It does certainly hurt to see such a magnificent, beautiful vessel end up in such a negligent/ reckless (complete idiot more or less)owner. As Endless stated, she's 'History'! Dan's also correct that she should have been off within 24hrs.

But I have a feeling this will not be the last we hear of this guy right?
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Just a quick update. The owner of the vessel has been given thru the end of the weekend to remove the vessel, or be subject to fines. The captain has been charged. That's all so far. (The city and county are hoping he can come up with the money to remove it so the taxpayer doesn't get stuck with the bill). This view from Channel 25 shows how close to the inlet was...
    DSCN3194.jpg

The bottom looks in great shape. Fresh paint, clean running gear, and from what I can see not one Blister! Huh, who would've known? The bottom is in much better shape then the "Bottom Dweller" captain. Tony

So the captain isn't the owner? Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said. The plot thickens.

If all the people who got screwed by this guy ever get together, he's going to end up wearing cement boots at the bottom of some channel.

Why are the props and rudders so far from the back of the boat?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Usually from a cockpit extension.