Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: very sad. sunken hatteras

Prior name but the contact on the webpage is the same guy that was arrested...

They're going to have a hell of a time getting it out of there in one piece as it must be filling up with sand from the surf. Still heavy swells and seas of uo to 7' off PB into tomorrow
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I wonder if he will have to go thru the same expensive loops people go thru when they get caught drinking and driving. I sure hope so. Jail time, loss of license, insurance cost quadruple. Etc etc
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I wonder if he will have to go thru the same expensive loops people go thru when they get caught drinking and driving. I sure hope so. Jail time, loss of license, insurance cost quadruple. Etc etc
    Don't know Fl law but in many states it's the same as DWI in a car and will go on you drivers license too.
    Jack Sardina

I hope so.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Here is our news people doing their Job.

72-foot yacht washes ashore in Palm Beach

60' yacht Washed Up in the Cove.

All on the same page really don't they read the shit they report

Another one

PALM BEACH, Fla. - Beachgoers in Palm Beach were shocked to find a large yacht washed ashore Wednesday morning.

"failed to navigate his vessel into the Palm Beach Inlet and ran the vessel into the beach."

So did he run aground or did it just wash up really guess its the same thing
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

You have a great point Dan.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Here is our news people doing their Job.

72-foot yacht washes ashore in Palm Beach

60' yacht Washed Up in the Cove.

All on the same page really don't they read the shit they report

Another one

PALM BEACH, Fla. - Beachgoers in Palm Beach were shocked to find a large yacht washed ashore Wednesday morning.

"failed to navigate his vessel into the Palm Beach Inlet and ran the vessel into the beach."

So did he run aground or did it just wash up really guess its the same thing
    The whole story was emailed. Don't you have it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Every once in a while we get these boats that run up on the beach coming back from the Bahamas. Usually center consules but bigger sportfish too. Most times with no one on board. I figure guys by themselves go to take a leak in the cockpit fall over and off the boat goes.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Sad how preventable accidents happen. In the ocean as we all know, accidents happen, and can happen very easily. That to me is what makes preventable accidents such as this one even worse. To think this guy ran the boat aground because he was drunk, and he offers his services to take poeple out in the ocean. Hopefully he is more professional then what it appears here, and wouldn't risk the lives of people chartering his boat. Maybe this was a one time incident that he got caught up in, but for some reason I doubt that.

What a shame, it looked to be a nice boat.

Does anyone know how the salvage rights would work in this case being the boat is beached? Could anyone show up and save the boat and look to get paid big money or does it have to be someone that's hired in order to get paid?

Tony

Since they re advertising a charter business, it would seem that this guy is, or rather was, a licensed captain...

As to salvage right, there is no big money to be made. The boat is toast and worth less than what it will cost to get he off the beach. Sitting even just two day in the surf, the inside must already be full of sand. Sand gets stirred by the waves, comes in with water and settles inside the boat, especially the engine room thru the vents

I doubt they ll be able to put her and refloat her.

Anyone remember the video of the 50 ish sea ray flybridge that beached in th Devils back bone a few years back? They got it out with bulldozers...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat