Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Since they re advertising a charter business, it would seem that this guy is, or rather was, a licensed captain...

As to salvage right, there is no big money to be made. The boat is toast and worth less than what it will cost to get he off the beach. Sitting even just two day in the surf, the inside must already be full of sand. Sand gets stirred by the waves, comes in with water and settles inside the boat, especially the engine room thru the vents

I doubt they ll be able to put her and refloat her.

Anyone remember the video of the 50 ish sea ray flybridge that beached in th Devils back bone a few years back? They got it out with bulldozers...
Just thought someone will have to get paid to get it out of there. Can anyone do it and bill the insurance comapny or does the insurance company have to hire someone? I figure they would want it removed sooner then later. The longer it's beached the more damage occurs. Not only damage to the boat but the beach and the enviornment. Think of the fine we would get if the USCG or EPA saw one of us accidently spill a little fuel in the ocean out of an overflow. I would think that boat is probably carrying on average on any given day a 1000 plus gallons of fuel, not to mention oil, and waste.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in that guys shoes right now. It's one thing to have an accident, or to beach a boat in the case of an emergency. But to have something like this happen from PURE NEGLECT, I'm sure he's going to be subject to some serious fines, and possible jail time.

Does anyone on here know the State, Federal and Maritime Laws he could now possibly be up against? What possible fines and or imprisonment he could be facing due to stupidity?

Must really suck, I can't imagine he'll be sleeping real well in his upcoming future.

Tony