Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1979 53C For Sale - Repowered, Refit, Repainted

After 16 years of ownership, it's time to sell. Please visit our website for 107 pictures, full details, and surveys. Google search, "Inner Wisdom Curacao" The boat is in the southern Caribbean where we've cruised her for 10 years living onboard full-time for seven. She has Detroit Deisel Series 60 engines and been upgraded every year. She is set up for life away from the dock and total self-sufficiency visiting some of the world's most beautiful locations. If you purchase her, I will spend up to two weeks with you onboard familiarizing you with the boat, full-time life onboard, the Caribbean and everything you need to know to get your adventure off to a good start. Or, as you desire, I will deliver her to the US; join me on this adventure or not. I don't check email on Sam's so please use call me at 561-969-8045 or email me at; mail(the at sign)stansteinberg.com.
    Attached Images

Re: 1979 53C For Sale - Repowered, Refit, Repainted

I checked out your boat's website, I viewed every picture, and in my humble opinion, this boat is gorgeous and shows an outstanding job of maintaining a Hatteras!!

Forget the boat. When I die, I want to come back as Stan. As an owner of a 43C, also a 1979, I have to say that this one is absolutely gorgeous, and puts mine to shame.

My only questions are a) why do the only fishing rods I see have Penn 115's on them? (I can see why you store them in the ER - I'd be embarrassed to have them hanging in the salon too), and b) where the hell are the outriggers?

I do have one serious question - what does she have for fish storage boxes in the cockpit?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Hi Bob -

Sorry for the delay in responding and thanks for the kind words. The fishing rods are in case I want to do a little fishing. The real gear I sold in the mid-80s after I finished fishing Giant Bluefin Tuna on my Hatteras 36C.

I had three sets of Penn International reels with custom rods. Six 30s, six 50s and three 120s. In my final year fishing (1986) we caught 11 giants, lots of medium fish and too many school-sized to count. The giants were all about 600 pounds.

This boat has no cockpit fish boxes as we used her as our home while cruising and gave up the fishing. The outriggers I removed as they were in the way walking up to the bow which we do constantly plus we never used them.

Be well, Stan

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Beautiful, you will have no trouble selling her. Thanks for taking such great care of her. Let's just hope the next owner adds to what you have spent so many years doing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Nice boat. And a lot of nice photos, thanks for putting this up.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing fool View Post
    I checked out your boat's website, I viewed every picture, and in my humble opinion, this boat is gorgeous and shows an outstanding job of maintaining a Hatteras!!
    Thanks so much!

I have lowered the asking price of Inner Wisdom to $245,000 on the advice of two Ft. Lauderdale brokers.

Inner Wisdom is in Lighthouse Point, Florida at a reduced price of $225,000. For about 100 pictures, a full description, and prior surveys, enter https://www.53HatterasForSale.com as the URL at the top of your browser, (NOT a Google search.) If interested kindly contact me at mail@stansteinberg.com or call 561-969-8045.