Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coverd Winter Storage, Chasapeake Bay Area

Lingering medical issues are forcing me to consider winter storage on the Bay.Can anyone recommend some yards o consider. The yard would need to do the winerizing.

Bobk
    48MY]

Re: Coverd Winter Storage, Chasapeake Bay Area

Bob did you consider having someone bring her home to florida or do you want to keep her up there?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

On the hard? Pleasure Cove is about it. In the water? Piney Narrows, Tolchester, Georgetown.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Bob did you consider having someone bring her home to florida or do you want to keep her up there?
    Scott, I'd rather have it home, but unless I find a volunteer, that would become a very expensive trip at 8 knots.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    On the hard? Pleasure Cove is about it. In the water? Piney Narrows, Tolchester, Georgetown.
    Thanks Eric, I'll check them out.
    Bobk

Also Atlantic Yacht Basin in Chesapeake, they do winter storage, covered sheds, in the water. Not cheap, but they take good care of the boats there.

If you keep your boat at AYB look out for all the spider Crap. Its fresh water and the spiders make a big mess on the boats. Ask me how I know >

Or just leave it in your slip at the BYC......Get Frank or someone else to do the winterizing and you
    should be good to go. My boat which is a sistership of yours only spends a winter on the hard in NJ
    once every 4 or 5 years, otherwise it stays in my slip at my club. The entire marina is bubbled including
    the pilings and the club steward, who lives on the property checks all the boats at least twice a day as
    well as many members. It's safe, the boat is properly supported in the water and if I wish to do any
    work inside with some heaters, it is much easier to go aboard. Oh, one more thing, it costs me nothing

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Or just leave it in your slip at the BYC......Get Frank or someone else to do the winterizing and you
    should be good to go. My boat which is a sistership of yours only spends a winter on the hard in NJ
    once every 4 or 5 years, otherwise it stays in my slip at my club. The entire marina is bubbled including
    the pilings and the club steward, who lives on the property checks all the boats at least twice a day as
    well as many members. It's safe, the boat is properly supported in the water and if I wish to do any
    work inside with some heaters, it is much easier to go aboard. Oh, one more thing, it costs me nothing

Walt
    I would not be comfortable being 1200 miles away. And I just sold two Ice Eaters and thermostat for 35% of retail.
    Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hatt View Post
    If you keep your boat at AYB look out for all the spider Crap. Its fresh water and the spiders make a big mess on the boats. Ask me how I know >
    Even in cold weather?