Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

41 C Twin MFD Location Ideas

Guys,
    I have a new to me 1990 41C. Trying to figure out the best place to locate two 12" displays. It already has one mounted on a large Ram mount all the way starboard on the helm. This will be one of the two displays. The prior owners attached the mount to the vertical pc. that the forward bench cushion back snaps to. Its not a bad location and can be seen easily. The problem is that when someone sits on the bench you can't lean back or you hit the mount. (Probably why they went all the way to starboard with it.) So if I add another with same mounting it makes another spot on the bench that seating will be limited. I really don't want to flush mount in the starboard top of helm location where all the old electronics are due to the bad viewing angle while in the captains chair. It has a hardtop and I considered a flip down hanging from upper storage box but if I did when flipped down and me standing it would be directly obstructing my forward view. My best idea now is to remove old electronics from starboard top of helm, replace (starboard trade name) pc. and use Ram mount. I know some of you guys are very inventive and thought I would throw it out here and see if you had any good ideas.
    Thanks
    David41Hattflybridge.jpg
    Last edited by flogger; 09-19-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Re: 41 C Twin MFD Location Ideas

Could we see a few photos? Might help in making suggestions.

RAM Mount has a variety of adapters that might allow you to move the screen a few inches closer to the helm chair with the same mounting location.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Could we see a few photos? Might help in making suggestions.

Jim,
    I added a picture of a picture. Hope it's clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    RAM Mount has a variety of adapters that might allow you to move the screen a few inches closer to the helm chair with the same mounting location.

Bobk
    Thanks Bob I will start checking those out. As you can see the Ram as is really affects the seating especially if I add two Thx

Thanks for the picture. If you can live with the bulkhead mount and just need to get the display out of the way, I think you will find a RAM bracket to do the job. If that bulky mount is also an issue, I'd fasten a piece of 3/16"X3"X8" polished stainless in place of the mount, and put the mount on the other side of the stainless a couple of inches above the dash. Hope this makes sense.

Bobk

If the mount needs to be in a pod look at Navpod. Im a dealer and have them make all kinds of stuff for powerboats.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Thanks for the picture. If you can live with the bulkhead mount and just need to get the display out of the way, I think you will find a RAM bracket to do the job. If that bulky mount is also an issue, I'd fasten a piece of 3/16"X3"X8" polished stainless in place of the mount, and put the mount on the other side of the stainless a couple of inches above the dash. Hope this makes sense.

Bobk
    Bob,
    Does this rough sketch look like what you are saying?

stainlesplaterot.jpg
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    If the mount needs to be in a pod look at Navpod. Im a dealer and have them make all kinds of stuff for powerboats.
    I'm not totally against a navpod but still not sure how they would mount as well.

Build a box where the old electronics are, angle the face so that you can see the screens, flush mount the new MFD's. Insulation foam sheets make great patterns for figuring it out, cheap, easy to cut, tape or toothpick together.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E