Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ray-line searchlight control

my spotlight quit working from the lower helm control, it works fine from the bridge control..from what i can see the bridge control is the main control with a jumper harness from the bridge control to the lower helm control. i unplugged the upper control and plugged the non working control into the main wire. the bulb comes on but no movement of the light.anybody have a problem like this before? the control is labeled ray-line electric control searchlight eight position control. jabsco #43003-0099 it seems like a wiring problem but i dont understand why only the bulb on but no movement function.

Re: ray-line searchlight control

Have the same problem with my Jabsco light. My problem was a burnt out motor. Called Jabsco and they no longer make a replacement motor for that unit. Eventually I will just buy a new spotlight.

I have a Marinco searchlight and the unit works side to side but not up and down. The light it self works well. This is going to be a down bay activity that my buddy and I will work on while the admirals are out shopping. Marinco says it could be a gear or something as easy as a corroded connection. .
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    Have the same problem with my Jabsco light. My problem was a burnt out motor. Called Jabsco and they no longer make a replacement motor for that unit. Eventually I will just buy a new spotlight.
    get the motor out and google the mumber on it or look in WW Grainger on line .

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    LB Harvey has all of the parts. Problem is, they usually will not just sell you the part. They will only rebuild the entire spotlight at a premium price. Nonetheless, it may be worth calling them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Is their premium price more than the cost of a new spotlight?

Some times it's cheaper to replace than repair. Everyone in the boat trades charge like lawyers. Good luck Ron
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If the light works fine from the bridge control and doesn't from the helm control then it has to be wiring or the helm controller itself. How do the connectors look?

Looks like sailors exchange may have one?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jabs...347702/?_ul=BO
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Here’s an update that I failed to post. We found a wire had come loose from under the helm. Once we reinstalled the light works perfect. Sometimes it’s the easiest things That cause the most frustration.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    LB Harvey has all of the parts. Problem is, they usually will not just sell you the part. They will only rebuild the entire spotlight at a premium price. Nonetheless, it may be worth calling them.
    +2 on L.B Harvey. Give them a call, they are very nice people to work with. Definitely not cheap, but the end product is first class. They rebuilt my main control & were able to sell me a secondary control. If your wiring harness checks out they should be able to repair your control