Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

allison transmissions oil filter conversion to spinon

I want to convert M20 allison transmission oil filter to spinon type what filters work best in that application?

henry

Re: allison transmissions oil filter conversion to spinon

I have one new kit if you need it.

My spin-on heads for engine oil and transmission oil are both using Baldwin B95s. They are remote mounted side-by-side at chest level in the ERs of our 53MY. Very convenient/easy to change. We also have spin-on fuel filters - also very quick/easy to change.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    My spin-on heads for engine oil and transmission oil are both using Baldwin B95s. They are remote mounted side-by-side at chest level in the ERs of our 53MY. Very convenient/easy to change. We also have spin-on fuel filters - also very quick/easy to change.
    +1

Here is my filter cross list:

Paper Media: DD 23530407 Full flow, Luber-Finer LFP911, NAPA FIL 1970, WIX 51970, Donaldson P551670, Baldwin B95, Fram PH 3612. Glass Fiber Media: DD 23530408; Baldwin B95-MPG; Luber-Finer LFP911XL
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I sourced mine from Fleetpride. I don't recall them being terribly expensive. Should be the same units, as I take the NAPA 1970 filter as well.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    I have one new kit if you need it.
    What is the model/part number and will it work for the engine filters as Mike has done? I'm tired of changing upside down engine filters.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Guys if it's any interest I stumbled on this forum as I have a stack of old stock filters I'm looking to sell including a bunch of nos fram ph3612's. Let me know if you guys are interested and I can post a sale post with details .