Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1993 50 convertible

A listing for this boat, "White Mist", was in my email inbox today. 50C with 870hp DD 12-71s; looks like a well-cared-for older boat. I think they are asking 299. I don't know the boat and don't know the brokerage house. No dog in the hunt, but it looks to be a better than average example of its kind. No tuna tower, but looks like a full enclosure and outriggers, etc. Interested to see what you all think of it. Bluewater is the broker.

Re: 1993 50 convertible

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    A listing for this boat, "White Mist", was in my email inbox today. 50C with 870hp DD 12-71s; looks like a well-cared-for older boat. I think they are asking 299. I don't know the boat and don't know the brokerage house. No dog in the hunt, but it looks to be a better than average example of its kind. No tuna tower, but looks like a full enclosure and outriggers, etc. Interested to see what you all think of it. Bluewater is the broker.
    Don't know the boat and haven't seen the listing but the price is high for those engines and that year. The newer ones have improved layout in the valley and salon. The 12V71s aren't bad but most want the Cats, either 3412s, 3406s or newer ones have C18s. there have been a few nice early 50C with 12V71s that sold in mid 100K range.
    Jack Sardina

Interesting. I thought it was priced kind of high but I don't know enough about these models to say. This is, as you say, a nice early 50C with 12-71s, so it may be for sale for a while. It looks decent if you are okay with the light colored interior, which I don't mind.

Wasn't their some kind of hull problems with the early series 111?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Wasn't their some kind of hull problems with the early series 111?
    They had problems with the first few hulls that had the 3412 Cats in them. What I was told is that the heavier engines and increased speed was giving them cyclic loading problems. Later hulls had a different layup schedule. Interesting that they didn't have the same issues with 12V92 boats. Not as fast as the 3412 boats but still a 30kt cruise.
    Jack Sardina

Jack Sardina

she is toating 3000 engine hours I would suspect issues soon and a rebuild job would probley be about about 70000 + depending how far you go. OUCH!!!!

she has been on the market forever
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)