Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deck thickness

Deck thickness

I have a 1975 58' Yachtfish and am going to install a dual pedestal aft deck table. Can anyone tell me the thickness of the aft deck on the 58' Yachtfish? Thanks

Re: Deck thickness

I can't, before you start making holes try and figure where the overhead lights are located in the master SR

Or consider a mounting plate like you bridge helm chair are on, or a fighting chair might be a better example.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Thanks for the suggestion. I have some 3/4" thick teak pieces I nought about using as a plate. The guys at Sams recommended aluminum. Any thoughts? Thanks

the deck is about 1/4 inch thick glass then 1 inch balsa coring then about 1/8 inch glass. when you mount something be sure to seal the coring so it doesn't get wet and rot

Thanks. I measured the thickness of the deck in the cockpit and it is about 1 1/2" thick. I was told by someone else that the aft deck above the master stateroom is also that same thickness. I think I will call Tom Slane and ask him. I am planning to use 5200 sealant.

The deck has a crown. I would make a portable base for the table with adjustable feet to make up for the crown. No holes also means no leaks.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Great advice Bob.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Maybe some thing like this from Pomponettepomponette.jpg

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY