Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC Solenoid?

AC Solenoid?

IMAG01721.jpg

Anyone know where I can get one of these? I can't see a part #, but it is AC solenoid from 1977 58 MY. The AC tech says he can't find one. Any pointers appreciated! Thanks...

Jerry
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Re: AC Solenoid?

No idea on how to find that specific model but it shouldn't be difficult to find a replacement solenoid that will match the specs/do the same job though it may look different. I'd check the specs on it and then visit the Mouser or Grainger site.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Ugh...I somewhat recently threw out 8 of them when I finally removed all that tubing left over from that AC system. I changed to self contained and got rid of that system. I have on my laptop all of my receipt for everything I've ever bought for this boat, including new solenoid valves. As soon as the new power cord gets here and I can boot my laptop, I'll see if I can find where I bought them and give you the vendor identity and part numbers. Feel free to remind me in a week if I've not responded.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    No idea on how to find that specific model but it shouldn't be difficult to find a replacement solenoid that will match the specs/do the same job though it may look different. I'd check the specs on it and then visit the Mouser or Grainger site.
    Thanks MikeP, good point, and that will be my back-up plan.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Ugh...I somewhat recently threw out 8 of them when I finally removed all that tubing left over from that AC system. I changed to self contained and got rid of that system. I have on my laptop all of my receipt for everything I've ever bought for this boat, including new solenoid valves. As soon as the new power cord gets here and I can boot my laptop, I'll see if I can find where I bought them and give you the vendor identity and part numbers. Feel free to remind me in a week if I've not responded.
    Thank you Angela! That would be wonderful if you don't mind. We planned to upgrade our AC too, but didn't quite get it worked in before summer (and we're definitely not going to do it now as long as the old system is still limping through these 90 degree Florida days). I assume the system will need to be down for some time when we upgrade.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Nauti, I sent you a PM, but now I see you are just looking for the coil, not the valve. The link below for the AMG coil is what you need. They are $33.30 each.

www.buildinghvac.com

Alco solenoid valves

AMG coils: http://buildinghvac.com/acatalog/Alc....html#SID=8043

For anyone who is replacing the valve, you'll need to buy the spanner tool. It's about $5.

Honestly, I am so glad that whole AC system is off my boat. That thing was the most evil beast on the boat.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Nauti, I sent you a PM, but now I see you are just looking for the coil, not the valve. The link below for the AMG coil is what you need. They are $33.30 each.

www.buildinghvac.com

Alco solenoid valves

AMG coils: http://buildinghvac.com/acatalog/Alc....html#SID=8043

For anyone who is replacing the valve, you'll need to buy the spanner tool. It's about $5.

Honestly, I am so glad that whole AC system is off my boat. That thing was the most evil beast on the boat.
    Thanks so much Angela, just responded to your PM. This is a Band-Aid until I can replace the whole system, hopefully later this fall.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL