Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New boat cushions

We are redoing our outside bridge cushions and would appreciate any advice as it pertains to type of foam and vinyl. We do cover our cushions when not in use.
    1) what kind of foam ( I.e. dry Fast versus polyurethane foam)
    2) type of vinyl ( soft side brand, etc)
    3) should the entire cushion be vinyl or should the bottom be mesh

Thanks

Re: New boat cushions

Don't forget to run an accent color along the edge. It really makes it pop. We have white cushions and black piping. That's if it fits in your decor.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks

Did you use mesh instead of vinyl on the bottom and what kind of foam did you use?

Mine have mesh on the back side for breathing. It never shows. The cushions were already in place when I bought the boat so I can't comment on the foam or type of vinyl.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I see you have a motor yacht so it really comes down to what is more comfortable for you. Vinyl is easy to clean, however I find the new sunbrella fabrics much more comfortable. If they are exposed to water it is a good idea to have the bottoms be a mesh material for drainage. Sunscreen is a pain to clean from sunbrella, it comes off fine, it is just more work than vinyl, however is you want so designer "pop" on the flybridge the sunbrella is the way to go. the faast dry foam is worth the investment, as it cuts down on mildew because it drains better. You going to make them yourself??