Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: 1985 52' Hatteras Sportfish

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I'd be working on the title issues now and not wait. Also just an FYI. A good broker can look at the engine and know if it's a 71 or 92 series pretty easily. Paperwork on receipts can just be wrong. As a professional in the industry you're expected to know more about the boats you list than browsers on the forums. Specifically on listing you expect to have issues with.
    X2! well said.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    X2! well said.
    Please explain to me how I can tell the difference. Don't hate, Educate!

X2! well said.
    I am working on the title issues, that's why I mentioned the problem. I will be working on the title again Monday morning, I sure wish the Coast Guard would work weekends.

Good luck on all this. Can the owner actually convey title to the boat if he's incarcerated? I wonder. Anyway, thanks for speaking up, this is an interesting story to say the least.

Mr Luckydog, how did you come up with that name for your company?

Quote Originally Posted by luckydogboats@gmail.com View Post
    Please explain to me how I can tell the difference. Don't hate, Educate!
    You won't find many haters here. We're a bunch of boat junkies who love everything Hatteras. The point Scott is making and what I stated earlier in this thread is the listing should be accurate. Knowing which engines were OEM and being able to tell the difference from one to another is pretty important when trying to sell one of these boats. 8V71s look similar to 8v92s but the 8V71s don't have enough HP for a 52C. Seeing a listing with 8V71s in a 52C would be a red flag to me. If someone put them in there I'd be concerned why they did it in the first place. I'd expect it was a cheap fix and the boat may be a salvage. There seems to be many issues with this boat and I sympathize with you as she will be very tough to sell. If the steering isn't functional I'm not sure how you'll be able to get a buyer to close at even a low number. Any explanation as to why the steering is disconnected and the rudders appearing to be pushed up?
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Good luck on all this. Can the owner actually convey title to the boat if he's incarcerated? I wonder. Anyway, thanks for speaking up, this is an interesting story to say the least.
    I tried dropping off documents and also tried the US Mail per the jail brochure but the seller has not received. I will be trying a lawyer on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebar View Post
    Mr Luckydog, how did you come up with that name for your company?
    The wife and I wrote down about 50 different names and Lucky Dog won the contest. We both chose Lucky Dog in our top three and so did some friends we consulted. I was with Anheuser Busch for 15 years before becoming a broker. One of the employees was Big Dog Bradley Budweiser and he started calling me Lucky Lou(my last name is Lukowsky). Lucky Lou morphed into Lucky Dog. Also anyone who has the pleasure of driving a Yacht is in my opinion a Lucky Dog.

You won't find many haters here. We're a bunch of boat junkies who love everything Hatteras. The point Scott is making and what I stated earlier in this thread is the listing should be accurate. Knowing which engines were OEM and being able to tell the difference from one to another is pretty important when trying to sell one of these boats. 8V71s look similar to 8v92s but the 8V71s don't have enough HP for a 52C. Seeing a listing with 8V71s in a 52C would be a red flag to me. If someone put them in there I'd be concerned why they did it in the first place. I'd expect it was a cheap fix and the boat may be a salvage. There seems to be many issues with this boat and I sympathize with you as she will be very tough to sell. If the steering isn't functional I'm not sure how you'll be able to get a buyer to close at even a low number. Any explanation as to why the steering is disconnected and the rudders appearing to be pushed up?
    Yes, I agree and wanted to put 8v92s in the listing but I could not verify. I have looked at the steering and so has another possible buyer. The steering looks fine to both of us, but I am planning another look with a mechanic who has done some work to the boat.

Thanks LDB, that's a pretty neat story. Sounds like you have your hands tied behind your back on this one?