Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sinks

Sinks

I have three sinks coming out of my heads. One is coming out in a few minutes and the other two will come out over the next couple of weeks. I don't know how to post a photo of the sink from my iPad, but I can get to a PC tomorrow and post it. Or, you can find a photo on our website. These are the original white oval sinks where the Eljer faucets mount on the slanted backside of the sink. Does anyone want these? They don't have a nick on any of them. If so, I'll be careful taking them out and save the boxes that the new sinks are in. If not...bombs away!

The faucets are crap and not worth saving, so you have to have these faucets to be able to use the sinks, or be able to find these kinds of faucets. You can't use just an ordinary faucet that sits on a flat surface. I don't understand Hatteras's logic behind using a sink that took a very special faucet that would be difficult to locate later in time when they need replacing. But it is what it is and I am replacing them with the remodeling of my heads...shower doors, too.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: Sinks

Ang, Are any of your shower doors bi-fold? The head is outside the shower on my 41 and I'd need a bi-fold that opens in.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Ang, Are any of your shower doors bi-fold? The head is outside the shower on my 41 and I'd need a bi-fold that opens in.
    No. Two of my three shower doors opened inward. The third one had room to open outward. They are not designed to open inward which is probably why they leaked so badly.

I am toying with either glass bifold doors or a solid glass door that I can install "backwards" and apply the dams and sweeps backwards to keep water inside the shower. If you want glass bifold doors, there is hardware out there that you can buy and then just have the glass fabricated. CR Laurence is an excellent source for glass door hardware. http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/conte.../index_us.html
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I don't know how to post a photo of the sink from my iPad
    Depending on connection/service etc etc there may be a better way. But the easiest way I have found to move relatively low res images around is to message them to myself on Facebook. (Yes, you can do that).

Then go to laptop, go to FB and do a screen shot of the image. Viola, attach here.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Ang, I had a chronic shower door leak and everything I did would not stop that little leak until I ran a clear bead of silicone in the middle of the aluminum frame. Whala the leak has been fixed.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Ang, I had a chronic shower door leak and everything I did would not stop that little leak until I ran a clear bead of silicone in the middle of the aluminum frame. Whala the leak has been fixed.
    My shower doors are old and dated. I'm working on having frameless glass doors fabricated.

Here is the sink I am taking out if anyone wants it. One is out, two more to come:

sink being taken out.jpg

I'll hang on to them until this weekend, and if no one speaks up, I'm going to toss them.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    My shower doors are old and dated. I'm working on having frameless glass doors fabricated.

Here is the sink I am taking out if anyone wants it. One is out, two more to come:

Attachment 20332

I'll hang on to them until this weekend, and if no one speaks up, I'm going to toss them.
    Well what did you do with them?I could use this one if the Facets Work.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

If the faucets worked or could be reasonably replaced most of us wouldn't have replaced out sinks. I tossed 3 this winter

Quote Originally Posted by jpk55 View Post
    If the faucets worked or could be reasonably replaced most of us wouldn't have replaced out sinks. I tossed 3 this winter
    I have replaced the stems and washers on mine. Simple task, especially compared to R&R the sinks.

Bobk

Angela I would like to buy one of the sinks .I believe they are Eljer Brenda models .
    I am in Lauderdale on 17 June to stay on my 53 and will phone or pm you then
    Ian Wilson