Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: North East Rendezvous

No bars?

I'm out.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Strongs Marina in Mattituck may be good alternative - nice grounds, pool and tiki bar. Walk to town isn't bad either. I'm personally still OK with Essex, but only because I can stay there free as Brewers member.

Re: NE Rendezvous

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    I visited Essex Island Brewers 2 weeks ago for their boat show. It's a beautiful place, but we should be aware that it really is an island, and a shuttle ferry is needed to get to and from the mainland. I'm not sure how late it runs. Also, there are NO bars in Essex, and only two (I believe) restaurants that serve liquor.

I will post this on the other thread as well.
    Bob,

The ferry at Essex Island runs till 11 pm weekdays and 1 am weekends.

No bars you say? The Tap room at the Griswald Inn (about 150 yards from the ferry dock) should be on every mariners bucket list. If that place is packed, walk up the street to the Black Seal. They have a bar as well as dinner tables.
    Last edited by Passages; 06-01-2016 at 07:01 PM.

I doubt getting a drink will be a problem. For some finding your way to your boat is likely the issue.

We still haven't selected a date!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Exactly. I'd like to book a room at The Griswald before they're gone so we need a date. Of course of the admiral and first mate bail on me then Glory is probably going to regret that offer.

BTW, Brewers is hosting a Poker run on the 6th if that affects anyone's preferences or slip availability.

1970 36C375

I called Brewer's Essex about slip availability for 10 to 14 boats. Even though the Poker Run is only a dinghy race Brewer's said they're hosting several yacht clubs on the 6th/7th and enough slips for us may be an issue.

However, July 29th, 30th, and 31st are less crowded. They can guarantee slips until June 15, so we need to settle on a date ASAP.

1970 36C375

I'm ok with July 29th to 31st - Scott.

Email from Essex Island re: Rendezvous dates. Sorry the .pdf files were too big to attach. I can forward the email to anyone who is interested.

Derek,

It was nice talking to you earlier and glad to hear The Hatteras Owners Group is thinking about coming to Essex Island this summer! Dates have been filling up fast and although I have a few weekends that space is not an issue I have very limited availability on the Deck.

One of the dates you had mentioned was July 29th -30th. The deck is only available on Friday and Sunday. The only Saturday I have the Deck available is August 27th.

Another option is the weekend of August 13th. We are having a big lobster bake (poster attached) and it maybe be a good time for you to have your dinner plans taken care of!

Once you have decided to make a reservation the instructions on how to follows:

We have changed the way we are taking reservations. Prices have dropped, the cancellation policy has become more lenient and making a reservation is easier than ever so we feel for most boaters this will be a happy change! The new software will allow you to make all future reservations for Brewer Essex on an app through your phone or by going online at byy.com/eim. The app is called Dockwa.

Brewer Preferred Card holders.

Follow Instructions on the website to receive Brewer discounts.

Yacht Clubs or Groups

In the Special Requests make sure you add the group name or boats you are traveling with to ensure you are docked with your group.

If you have special docking requirements or prefer the river or cove side of the marina please specify.

As always feel free to call and make a reservation over the phone.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you,

Steph

Stephanie McLaughlin

Brewer Essex Island Marina

Island Manager

11 Ferry St

Essex, Ct 06426

PHONE: 860-767-2483

1970 36C375

Good job Avenger, we are OK with July 29th to 31st.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I'm out, I cant get away
    that weekend.