Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Impeller sources

I've purchased raw water impellers in the past from a supplier that is not one of the big marine parts companies (e.g. Defender, Jamestown Distrib., etc.). But, I can't remember the name of the company! Anyone on the HOF have any suggestions?

Southern Comfort
    Portsmouth, VA

Re: Impeller sources

Quote Originally Posted by Hatteras58 View Post
    I've purchased raw water impellers in the past from a supplier that is not one of the big marine parts companies (e.g. Defender, Jamestown Distrib., etc.). But, I can't remember the name of the company! Anyone on the HOF have any suggestions?

Southern Comfort
    Portsmouth, VA
    Google is your friend here. Just be sure you are getting a new impeller with gaskets etc. I have used several different sources over the years.

Bobk

I use Depco and lewis mostly because I know they dont have old crap laying around and they always support their products. I also have accounts with both for quick and easy ordering so time is saved.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Globe, maybe?

I googled the part number and ordered thru Amazon Came with the gaskets.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Globe, maybe?
    My experience with Globe impellers was bad, but that was 15 or so years ago.

Bobk

May I also suggest a product called "SpeedSeal" that has been around for many years. I have used them on all of my diesel engines (Perkins and Volvos) with great success.

It is a solid bronze cover with a machined channel that a nitrile ring fits into thus eliminating the need for new gaskets every time you change the impeller. There are 4 holes with thumb screws making quick work out of this whole thing.

They are a British company and you order direct from them. I called their 800 number today and was told whatever information you can supply them about your particular water pump (serial number, even just measurements) they will send you the appropriate size and screws (metric or standard).

Here is the website:

http://www.speedseal.com/saferboatindex.html

Jonathan Brein

X2 on Depco Pump. Great folks for all your pumping needs, with live, very knowledgeable people to actually talk to!
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014