Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annapolis Help!

Annapolis Help!

Hey - all you fellow Balmorians- planning a 70th b'day for my father, in Annapolis second weekend of May. We have a group of 6 or so and are looking for recommendations for:
    1) maybe a semi-private sail for lunch on a Friday or Sat (5/13 or 5/14). Not looking to rent a $3k excursion I see on line. Anyone have any ideas on a nice Harbor/ Bay sail with lunch that might be fun?
    2) Crabs! Where should we go for some fun, and good old crab pickin'? I've been to Mike's and that might fit the bill. Chandler's as I remember was more of a tourist spot. A bunch of years ago I went over by the Naval Academy and there was a place on the hill overlooking Annapolis that was fun. Don't remember the name. Any suggestions?

We're all staying at the Marriot Harbor Front, no cars but cabs would be fine. What do you local folks know that you want to share?

My father and mother lived in Hagerstown for years (that's when I arrived), and love Baltimore and Annapolis. My wife and I used to go to Baltimore and Annapolis occasionally, but haven't been back in about 10 years.

What do you all suggest?
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

Re: Annapolis Help!

The best place I know of near downtown is Cantlers, or Mikes on the South River. I am afraid this will not be walking distance for you.

I have sampled the crabs at the some of the local seafood restaurant near the Marriott, and they are ok as well. Just be sure to have a Pain Killer or two in the bar of your hotel. You won't tast much after that anyway
    Last edited by av8torrich; 04-15-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    1998 39SX

I, too, like Cantlers especially going there in the Mako. Food just seems better when you get somewhere by boat. They have the one table in the corner where they will let us bring the dog up with us, is better than nothing.

I also like the Boatyard.

For a decent size city with a lot of tourist traffic, either I'm missing something or Annapolis has disappointingly few really good restaurants. Relative to somewhere like Kent Island.

Lemongrass has nice Thai but that may not be what you're looking for- who comes to Annapolis for Thai?

Just my opinion

Cheryl

Cool Re: Annapolis Help!

That's gang. Friday night ??? For crabs. We have true Baltimore people with us - so half good will be a disaster! Saturday night will be a steak house. I understand there is a 5-star, prime meat house in the area. Can't lets or Mikes? Still don't have any leads on a boat ride Saturday afternoon... Any ideas? Looks like a party of 8-10. Any one want to go out for a couple of hours (we would be happy to buy fuel, supplies, and some additional $$$, and can be sensitive to not "chartering" due to insurance regulations). (Know what I mean...). We are all boaters and a few of us are/ were Hatt owners. Maybe a "sea trial" with some $ consideration?
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay