Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: You've Gotta See This

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    agreed

I had to show a picture ID when I registered to vote and was issued a votr id card. No reason I should have to show anything else at the polls. That requirement is nothing but an effort to disenfranchise certain voters.

You might as well do what was suggested here and limit voting to those that can pay for it. and require a tax return (showing a high income, instead of a picture ID
    Does your voter ID card identify you specifically?

And BTW, the constitution originally only granted the vote to property owners i.e. taxpayers. Allowing people who have no stake in the money to vote on how it is spent is the path we're on now which is one major reason we're broke.

We can absolutely afford the government we have we can even afford the jobs program we call the military, and we can expand government to provide public education through College and a single payer health care system and updating our infrastructure

The money is there we just have to tax everyone fairly
    The math doesn't work. Even as leftist an institution as The Washington Post said so.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Exactly. At worst, trump is still better than what we've had the last 8 years. Besides, which choice in front of us would be better? At this point, our government is so pathetic that I just want to be entertained. Yes, for serious.

16yrs

Quote Originally Posted by hmccoy99 View Post
    16yrs
    50+ years
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Just saw an interview with Christie Todd Whitman where she said as much as she dislikes Clinton she and many other Republicans would vote for her over Trump. Many party republicans seem to feel the same but also understand that the more the party attacks Trump the better his chances of winning the nomination. General consensus among those interviewed was that the country club republicans fear Trump and the Blue collar republicans are looking to Trump for major change. Given that the income of most republicans is more middle class than the Country club reublicans, the big money republicans are getting nervous. If they try to put Mitt Romney in at a brokered convention they'll secure a win for the democrats. So much for democracy.
    I find it interesting how so many Beltway Republicans of the Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer variety are the grandchildren of communist intellectuals from the former Soviet Union. At heart they are all leftists. Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, Robert Kagan, and Norman Podhoretz are other prime examples of red diaper babies who have infected the Republican party like a Trojan Horse. Now that the host appears to be waking up, these parasites are rightfully scared. They think they can defy the will of the people by deciding the GOP primary in a smoke filled room, but they forget America isn't the Soviet Union, no matter how much they want it to be. I am excited that America may finally shake itself of these warmongering globalists, like a bear cleansing its backside of ticks on a tree trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I had to show my ID to vote. Imagine that! I agree with being carded to vote
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    That's racist and unconstitutional.
    agreed

I had to show a picture ID when I registered to vote and was issued a votr id card. No reason I should have to show anything else at the polls. That requirement is nothing but an effort to disenfranchise certain voters.

You might as well do what was suggested here and limit voting to those that can pay for it. and require a tax return (showing a high income, instead of a picture ID
    You obviously missed the sarcasm in Scott's post, but let's look at this for a second.

With that logic, how would you feel about a gun owner being required to provide a photo ID in order to prove they were qualified to purchase a firearm? They would then be given a nice, generic card with no photo ID which can easily be duplicated, altered, or used by a person that it doesn't belong to. They would then present that card to the local gun shop as proof they could legally purchase a gun. Would that be adequate? Please don't disappoint me by talking about background checks in an attempt to avoid answering the question.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 03-10-2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Randy,

Let's look at it another way:
    Voter id laws are very narrowly and specifically meant to prevent in person voter fraud.
    From 2000 to 2014 there have been 31 allegations which these laws might have prevented.
    There were over one billion votes cast. I'll let you do the math.

This statistic in light of the potential suppression of 22 million voters from these laws being enacted is outrageous to me.

Peter, you are preaching to the choir. It simply amazes me that anyone can attempt to argue against the need to reform our current system.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Peter, you are preaching to the choir. It simply amazes me that anyone can attempt to argue against the need to reform our current system.
    Ill help you out Randy.

Sarcasm.jpg
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Show ID to drive car.
    Show ID to buy beer.
    Show ID to buy gun.
    Show ID to to ride airplane.
    Show ID to pick up medicine.
    Show ID to get tickets at roll call.
    Show ID to go on most corporate campuses.
    Show ID to get on military base.

Show ID to vote? OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

First.

The right to vote is something that should be valued. The time it takes to properly register and identify yourself is minimal and should not be an issue

Second

The right to vote is not universal. Non Citizens, felons and dead people donot get to vote. Its amazing how they seem to register though.

Third and most important.

If you cant prove you're eligible and who you are your probably not smart enough to cast a vote. Getting the masses out to vote does not help us overall. The number of votes by completely uninformed voters goes up but the process was not intended to be just mass numbers. Its supposed to be people choosing a candidate based on their knowledge of them and their platform.

It's been turned into a mass voting machine for parties representing the uninterested people who do it for the free coffee or a ride downtown. If you cant plan on voting and make a small commitment to do it in person or properly by mail you should not vote. l think bringing people out to the polls is influencing the election. they need to want to vote. No one said it has to be so easy you don't have to think about it. If they cant put in the effort to get informed and get to the polls they should be left alone.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.